Stolen pickup prompts search
BY Sean I. Mills
ORISKANY — No arrests have been made so far after the suspect in the theft of a pickup truck fled into the woods off Route 49 Tuesday evening.
Authorities said the investigation is continuing.
Deputies, state troopers and K-9 officers searched through the woods alongside Route 49 after the stolen pickup truck was discovered on the Oriskany exit ramp at about 12:38 p.m.,
|according to law enforcers. The front driver’s side wheel of the truck was worn down to the rim, and the vehicle was still running.
Believing that the truck was only recently abandoned, search units were called to the scene. Two state police bloodhounds searched through the woods between the Oriskany and Marcy exists of Route 49 for a little more than an hour in search of the driver, authorities said.
The search was called off shortly after 2 p.m. because investigators believe the suspect was picked up by another vehicle.
The pickup truck was reported stolen out of the City of Oneida.
- 4:02pm 09/24/18Gas prices remain steady in region, AAA survey reports
- 4:01pm 09/24/18Thousands descend on the Remsen Barn Fest
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Saturday's Royalty and Rogues IV festival in Stittville
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Meetings — Tuesday, Sept. 25, 2018
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Man injured in flipped vehicle trying to avoid deer
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Community Foundation offers training for non-profits
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Pair of Oneida residents charged with driving stolen car
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Crash sends couple to hospital
- 4:00pm 09/24/18200 jobs, millions in investment projected for drone zone
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Community Bank donates supplies