Stolen pickup prompts search
BY Sean I. Mills
ORISKANY — No arrests have been made so far after the suspect in the theft of a pickup truck fled into the woods off Route 49 Tuesday evening.
Authorities said the investigation is continuing.
Deputies, state troopers and K-9 officers searched through the woods alongside Route 49 after the stolen pickup truck was discovered on the Oriskany exit ramp at about 12:38 p.m.,
|according to law enforcers. The front driver’s side wheel of the truck was worn down to the rim, and the vehicle was still running.
Believing that the truck was only recently abandoned, search units were called to the scene. Two state police bloodhounds searched through the woods between the Oriskany and Marcy exists of Route 49 for a little more than an hour in search of the driver, authorities said.
The search was called off shortly after 2 p.m. because investigators believe the suspect was picked up by another vehicle.
The pickup truck was reported stolen out of the City of Oneida.
- 9:00am 06/24/18Tri-Willow murders left children, community in grief, fear
- 4:02pm 06/23/18345 get diplomas at RFA commencement ceremony
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Oriskany Central School celebrates 2018 commencement ceremony
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Oriskany graduates earn honors
- 4:00pm 06/23/18154 students turn tassels at Camden commencement
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Camden grads receive awards, scholarships
- 4:00pm 06/23/18RFA senior earns special credential
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Conservation officer hooks Madison County angler
- 4:00pm 06/23/18GlassBarge gives free glassblowing demonstrations
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Public Safety Logs — June 23, 2018