Martha Louise Allen
State Police continue to probe 1973 death of Oneida Castle woman
State Police continue to investigate the 1973 death of an Oneida Castle woman as part of its Cold Case Tuesday initiative.
On July 26, 1973, Martha Louise Allen was reported missing by her grandfather from their residence on Ninth Street. Allen’s grandfather reported he had last seen her on July 25 at approximately 8:30 a.m., when he left the residence to go to the Syracuse area for the day.
On Aug. 17, 1973, a boater on Black Creek, in the area of Verona Beach State Park, located a partially decomposed female body in the water. The body was later identified as Allen.
At the time of her death, Allen was age 21, was 5-feet, 3-inches tall weighing about 120 pounds. She was last seen wearing red, white, and blue striped shorts, a lavender color tank top, and thick rimmed glasses. She had brown hair and brown eyes.
Anyone with information on Allen’s death is asked to call state police at 315-366-6000.
- 4:10pm 05/24/18Sylvan Beach gears up for sun, fun
- 4:00pm 05/24/18Dairy farmers share concerns with county officials at forum
- 4:00pm 05/24/18French and Indian War Weekend returns to Fort Stanwix
- 4:00pm 05/24/18City reaches five-year pact with police union
- 4:00pm 05/24/18Kirkland Bird Club to offer hike
- 4:00pm 05/24/18Great Swamp to host free event with expert angler
- 4:00pm 05/24/18Patrols to be out in force Memorial Day weekend
- 4:00pm 05/24/18Movies — May 24, 2018
- 4:00pm 05/24/18Holy Cross Academy celebrates 20 years of service, educating area youth
- 4:00pm 05/24/18Red Cross installs over 900 smoke alarms