Martha Louise Allen
State Police continue to probe 1973 death of Oneida Castle woman
State Police continue to investigate the 1973 death of an Oneida Castle woman as part of its Cold Case Tuesday initiative.
On July 26, 1973, Martha Louise Allen was reported missing by her grandfather from their residence on Ninth Street. Allen’s grandfather reported he had last seen her on July 25 at approximately 8:30 a.m., when he left the residence to go to the Syracuse area for the day.
On Aug. 17, 1973, a boater on Black Creek, in the area of Verona Beach State Park, located a partially decomposed female body in the water. The body was later identified as Allen.
At the time of her death, Allen was age 21, was 5-feet, 3-inches tall weighing about 120 pounds. She was last seen wearing red, white, and blue striped shorts, a lavender color tank top, and thick rimmed glasses. She had brown hair and brown eyes.
Anyone with information on Allen’s death is asked to call state police at 315-366-6000.
- 4:00pm 08/20/1871st New York State Woodsmen’s Field Days delights spectators
- 4:00pm 08/20/18Car accident on Route 12 in Boonville Sunday af...
- 4:00pm 08/20/18Utica police investigate shooting death
- 4:00pm 08/20/18Man accused of threatening to kill law enforcers
- 4:00pm 08/20/18Salaries mixed for area teachers, report shows
- 4:00pm 08/20/18Junior Ranger Day coming to Fort Stanwix
- 4:00pm 08/20/18Area job count remains stable, according to state Labor Dept. statistics
- 4:00pm 08/20/18Tinkergarten to host free trials in Barneveld
- 4:00pm 08/20/18Woods Fest Music Festival
- 4:00pm 08/20/18State takes aim at DWI, drugged driving