Sheriff’s office to host coffee event in Holland Patent
HOLLAND PATENT — The sheriff’s office will host its next Sheriff’s Community Coffee event at Holland Patent Farmers Co-op, 9560 Depot St., from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday, the department has announced.
There will be coffee and refreshments, along with a display of some law enforcement equipment, the law enforcers added.
The unique events bring uniform deputies and correction officers, along with community members they serve, together – over a cup of coffee – to discuss issues and learn more about each other, the department said.
The coffee house events have no speeches or specific topics planned, the department said, adding that the event is just informal conversations with the members of the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office Law Enforcement and Corrections Divisions about who they are, what they do, and what matters to community residents.
The conversations with the enforcers are free from interruptions such as radios, patrol cars and cell phones for a short period of time.
“Sheriff’s Community Coffee” events are opportunities to build relationships in order to better problem solve with the people in the community.
- 4:02pm 09/24/18Gas prices remain steady in region, AAA survey reports
- 4:01pm 09/24/18Thousands descend on the Remsen Barn Fest
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Saturday's Royalty and Rogues IV festival in Stittville
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Meetings — Tuesday, Sept. 25, 2018
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Man injured in flipped vehicle trying to avoid deer
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Community Foundation offers training for non-profits
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Pair of Oneida residents charged with driving stolen car
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Crash sends couple to hospital
- 4:00pm 09/24/18200 jobs, millions in investment projected for drone zone
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Community Bank donates supplies