Sheriff’s office to host coffee event in Holland Patent
HOLLAND PATENT — The sheriff’s office will host its next Sheriff’s Community Coffee event at Holland Patent Farmers Co-op, 9560 Depot St., from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday, the department has announced.
There will be coffee and refreshments, along with a display of some law enforcement equipment, the law enforcers added.
The unique events bring uniform deputies and correction officers, along with community members they serve, together – over a cup of coffee – to discuss issues and learn more about each other, the department said.
The coffee house events have no speeches or specific topics planned, the department said, adding that the event is just informal conversations with the members of the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office Law Enforcement and Corrections Divisions about who they are, what they do, and what matters to community residents.
The conversations with the enforcers are free from interruptions such as radios, patrol cars and cell phones for a short period of time.
“Sheriff’s Community Coffee” events are opportunities to build relationships in order to better problem solve with the people in the community.
- 4:01pm 04/18/18Brothers in blue honor fallen officer
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Fond memories shared at service for fallen officer
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Voters to get $117.9M school budget with 3.96 percent tax levy increase
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Board seat to remain vacant until next term starts; only one candidate for three seats so far
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Evergreen Cemetery clears roadways after winds topple trees, cause damage
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Quick-thinking deputies save overdose victim at Oneida County Office Building on Tuesday
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Electrical service repaired to Oriskany Monument park
- 4:00pm 04/18/18State parks, DEC expand first-time camping program
- 4:00pm 04/18/18‘Tick talk’ set for April 29 in Barneveld
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Brindisi, Tenney trade barbs over campaign contributions