Sheriff’s office to host coffee event in Holland Patent
HOLLAND PATENT — The sheriff’s office will host its next Sheriff’s Community Coffee event at Holland Patent Farmers Co-op, 9560 Depot St., from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday, the department has announced.
There will be coffee and refreshments, along with a display of some law enforcement equipment, the law enforcers added.
The unique events bring uniform deputies and correction officers, along with community members they serve, together – over a cup of coffee – to discuss issues and learn more about each other, the department said.
The coffee house events have no speeches or specific topics planned, the department said, adding that the event is just informal conversations with the members of the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office Law Enforcement and Corrections Divisions about who they are, what they do, and what matters to community residents.
The conversations with the enforcers are free from interruptions such as radios, patrol cars and cell phones for a short period of time.
“Sheriff’s Community Coffee” events are opportunities to build relationships in order to better problem solve with the people in the community.
- 9:00am 06/24/18Tri-Willow murders left children, community in grief, fear
- 4:02pm 06/23/18345 get diplomas at RFA commencement ceremony
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Oriskany Central School celebrates 2018 commencement ceremony
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Oriskany graduates earn honors
- 4:00pm 06/23/18154 students turn tassels at Camden commencement
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Camden grads receive awards, scholarships
- 4:00pm 06/23/18RFA senior earns special credential
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Conservation officer hooks Madison County angler
- 4:00pm 06/23/18GlassBarge gives free glassblowing demonstrations
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Public Safety Logs — June 23, 2018