Sheriff's Office releases names of pair killed in murder-suicide
TOWN OF SULLIVAN — The identities of the man and woman killed in a murder/suicide in Madison County have been identified.
Adam C. Atkinson, age 43, shot and killed Amy M. Sliwowski, age 47, then shot and killed himself at a residence in Sullivan Monday afternoon, according to the Madison County Sheriff's Office. The authorities did not release the nature of Atkinson's relationship with Sliwowski.
Authorities said they received a call to 9-1-1 at 2:41 p.m. about a possible domestic dispute with a single gunshot. Authorities previously said Atkinson called a family member earlier in the day, and that family member called 9-1-1 after going to the residence to help and hearing the gunshot.
Responding law enforcers, including state police and other local agencies, set up a perimeter around the residence because they knew Atkinson had access to a long rifle.
At 6 p.m., a SWAT team entered the residence and found both Atkinson and Sliwowski dead. Autopsies were conducted on their bodies, and authorities said they determined that Atkinson shot Sliwowski and then himself.
- 4:11pm 05/19/18Cats killed, house destroyed in Sunset Lane fire
- 4:10pm 05/19/18Dozens of students recognized in cursive writing contest
- 4:00pm 05/19/1852-year-old Verona man charged after stand-off
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Public Safety Logs — May 19, 2018
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Tours of historic Old Main building to be held June 8, state announces
- 4:00pm 05/19/18MVCAA to receive nearly $10M from feds for Head Start and Early Head Start programs
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Madison Co. offers list of trash haulers
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Meetings — Monday, May 21, 2018
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Liam, Olivia top baby names in New York for 2017
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Health official: Influenza no longer prevalent in New York