Sheriff's Office releases names of pair killed in murder-suicide
TOWN OF SULLIVAN — The identities of the man and woman killed in a murder/suicide in Madison County have been identified.
Adam C. Atkinson, age 43, shot and killed Amy M. Sliwowski, age 47, then shot and killed himself at a residence in Sullivan Monday afternoon, according to the Madison County Sheriff's Office. The authorities did not release the nature of Atkinson's relationship with Sliwowski.
Authorities said they received a call to 9-1-1 at 2:41 p.m. about a possible domestic dispute with a single gunshot. Authorities previously said Atkinson called a family member earlier in the day, and that family member called 9-1-1 after going to the residence to help and hearing the gunshot.
Responding law enforcers, including state police and other local agencies, set up a perimeter around the residence because they knew Atkinson had access to a long rifle.
At 6 p.m., a SWAT team entered the residence and found both Atkinson and Sliwowski dead. Autopsies were conducted on their bodies, and authorities said they determined that Atkinson shot Sliwowski and then himself.
- 4:00pm 11/13/18Dogs, trash and station on council agenda
- 4:00pm 11/13/18RFA hoop home games scheduled for high school
- 4:00pm 11/13/18Two municipalities balk at zeroing-out gaming revenue sharing
- 4:00pm 11/13/18Crash sends one to hospital in Floyd
- 4:00pm 11/13/18Contractor charged with stealing
- 4:00pm 11/13/18Family displaced by fire
- 4:00pm 11/13/18RFA Select Choir, Orchestra host event
- 4:00pm 11/13/18Meetings — Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2018
- 4:00pm 11/13/18Labor Council honors members with Gompers Award
- 4:00pm 11/13/18Political event Saturday at Utica library