Sheriff’s deputies investigating morning accident in Floyd
TOWN OF FLOYD — A potentially fatal motor vehicle accident is under investigation on Watson Hollow Road.
Sheriff’s deputies said the crash occurred at about 7 a.m. today on Watson Hollow Road, which runs east and west between Rabbitt Road and Camroden Road, just northeast of the Griffiss Airport.
Deputies said someone may have died in the accident.
The cause of the crash and the names of those involved were not released this morning while deputies conducted their investigation.
More information is expected to be released this afternoon, and updates will be posted at www.romesentinel.com.
- 9:00am 06/17/18Chewie takes top place in Pet Photo Contest
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Damaged helicopter had stopped at Griffiss to refuel
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Beta Sigma Phi Sorority holds ceremony, elects officers
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Earns doctorate
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Police urge drivers to look out for pedestrians at crosswalks
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Lee truck driver charged with Workers’ Compensation fraud, larceny
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Farmers Market returns downtown
- 4:00pm 06/16/18County officials hail winners at inaugural Youth Awards Dinner
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Officials investigate cause of fire in Utica
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Public Safety Logs — June 16, 2018