Sheriff’s deputies investigating morning accident in Floyd
TOWN OF FLOYD — A potentially fatal motor vehicle accident is under investigation on Watson Hollow Road.
Sheriff’s deputies said the crash occurred at about 7 a.m. today on Watson Hollow Road, which runs east and west between Rabbitt Road and Camroden Road, just northeast of the Griffiss Airport.
Deputies said someone may have died in the accident.
The cause of the crash and the names of those involved were not released this morning while deputies conducted their investigation.
More information is expected to be released this afternoon, and updates will be posted at www.romesentinel.com.
- 4:10pm 02/17/18Jervis Public Library acknowledges fourth quarter donations, gifts
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Students honored for demonstrating outstanding character
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Rome district to begin Pre-K registration Feb. 26
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Meetings — Monday, Feb. 19, 2018
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Man gets 90 months in prison in child porn case
- 4:00pm 02/17/18DWI charge in Lowville crash
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Public Safety Logs — Feb. 17, 2018
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Movies — Feb. 17, 2018
- 12:00pm 02/17/18Attendance more than doubles at Verona Beach State Park, officials report
- 11:30am 02/17/18New York offers free fishing weekend and ice fishing clinic