Sheriff’s deputies investigating morning accident in Floyd
TOWN OF FLOYD — A potentially fatal motor vehicle accident is under investigation on Watson Hollow Road.
Sheriff’s deputies said the crash occurred at about 7 a.m. today on Watson Hollow Road, which runs east and west between Rabbitt Road and Camroden Road, just northeast of the Griffiss Airport.
Deputies said someone may have died in the accident.
The cause of the crash and the names of those involved were not released this morning while deputies conducted their investigation.
More information is expected to be released this afternoon, and updates will be posted at www.romesentinel.com.
- 11:55am 10/21/17Audit: Gov’ts lose millions in water loss
- 6:55pm 10/20/17Electronic paper trail focus of day five of Conley trial
- 4:10pm 10/20/17Local boy has recipe for success
- 4:00pm 10/20/17Fall foliage at or near peak in eight of state’s 11 regions
- 4:00pm 10/20/17Skunk tests positive for rabies in Marcy after fighting with dog, say officials
- 4:00pm 10/20/17Pre-trial motions address evidence, issues in Oneida murder trial
- 4:00pm 10/20/17Central New York Citizens in Action holds vigil
- 4:00pm 10/20/17Madison County streamlines pistol permit process
- 4:00pm 10/20/17Heroin forum spurs debate between rivals
- 4:00pm 10/20/17Take Back the Night event against domestic violence held in Rome