Sexual abuse of young boy charged
WESTMORELAND — A 21-year-old was charged with having sexual contact with a boy less than 11 years-old this month.
Chief Deputy Joseph Lisi, director of the county Child Advocacy Center, said Brandon Weber, of Westmoreland, was taken into custody by Utica Police Inv. Eric Scorzafava following an investigation into an incident that occurred in Rome earlier this month. Weber was charged Thursday with first-degree sexual abuse, a class D felony.
Weber was arraigned in City Court and sent to county jail in lieu of bail. An order of protection was issued against him on behalf of the victim.
The child has been offered counseling services through the advocacy center, Lisi said.
- 4:10pm 11/18/17Pendorf, Blackall honored for contributions to Rome’s historical preservation
- 4:00pm 11/18/17BOE approves overseas trip; mulls association expense
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Oneida Common Council reviews 2018 budget with water, police departments
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Gift sign-ups start Nov. 27 at rescue mission
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Steuben justice resigns following private investigation
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Public Safety Logs — Nov. 18, 2017
- 4:00pm 11/18/17‘Stuff the Bus’ kicks-off today
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Meetings — Monday, Nov. 20
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Genius NY names 16 semifinalists
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Syracuse man charged with DUI in two-vehicle Verona crash