Sexual abuse of young boy charged
WESTMORELAND — A 21-year-old was charged with having sexual contact with a boy less than 11 years-old this month.
Chief Deputy Joseph Lisi, director of the county Child Advocacy Center, said Brandon Weber, of Westmoreland, was taken into custody by Utica Police Inv. Eric Scorzafava following an investigation into an incident that occurred in Rome earlier this month. Weber was charged Thursday with first-degree sexual abuse, a class D felony.
Weber was arraigned in City Court and sent to county jail in lieu of bail. An order of protection was issued against him on behalf of the victim.
The child has been offered counseling services through the advocacy center, Lisi said.
- 4:21pm 01/20/18Festival fills Friday night with music
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Oneida celebrates National School Choice Week
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Enthusiastic response for robots demonstration at BOE meeting
- 4:00pm 01/20/18MWPAI adds trustees to board
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Bartell Machinery Systems receives pair of awards
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Lawrence named to GLDC board
- 4:00pm 01/20/18BOCES offers continuing education classes
- 4:00pm 01/20/18No cause yet in fatal fire
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Board approves Oneida lacrosse request, retirement extension
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Land trust group voices concerns over proposed wind energy facility