Sexual abuse of young boy charged
WESTMORELAND — A 21-year-old was charged with having sexual contact with a boy less than 11 years-old this month.
Chief Deputy Joseph Lisi, director of the county Child Advocacy Center, said Brandon Weber, of Westmoreland, was taken into custody by Utica Police Inv. Eric Scorzafava following an investigation into an incident that occurred in Rome earlier this month. Weber was charged Thursday with first-degree sexual abuse, a class D felony.
Weber was arraigned in City Court and sent to county jail in lieu of bail. An order of protection was issued against him on behalf of the victim.
The child has been offered counseling services through the advocacy center, Lisi said.
- 4:10pm 07/16/18Development agency approves packages for Griffiss projects
- 4:00pm 07/16/18Gillibrand touts bill to cut medication costs
- 4:00pm 07/16/18Town of New Hartford closes on Gander Mountain site; building to house all town offices, officials say
- 4:00pm 07/16/18Low water at Delta Lake
- 4:00pm 07/16/18Floyd Field Days attracts crowd
- 4:00pm 07/16/18Mayor plans neighborhood walk Tuesday
- 4:00pm 07/16/18Eastern Star Home to mark 110th anniversary
- 4:00pm 07/16/18Cuomo: Keep allowing food stamp program use at farm markets
- 4:00pm 07/16/18Accident claims life of area teenager, law enforcers report
- 4:00pm 07/16/18Ava man faces multiple charges after high-speed chase