Sexual abuse of young boy charged
WESTMORELAND — A 21-year-old was charged with having sexual contact with a boy less than 11 years-old this month.
Chief Deputy Joseph Lisi, director of the county Child Advocacy Center, said Brandon Weber, of Westmoreland, was taken into custody by Utica Police Inv. Eric Scorzafava following an investigation into an incident that occurred in Rome earlier this month. Weber was charged Thursday with first-degree sexual abuse, a class D felony.
Weber was arraigned in City Court and sent to county jail in lieu of bail. An order of protection was issued against him on behalf of the victim.
The child has been offered counseling services through the advocacy center, Lisi said.
- 4:10pm 07/20/17Bicyclists can ride through region’s history with new feature
- 4:00pm 07/20/17Sylvan Beach gets ready to welcome pirates this weekend
- 4:00pm 07/20/17Good Samaritan rescues woman from rapids
- 4:00pm 07/20/17County executive to feds: Flood victims are engulfed by bureaucracy, red tape
- 4:00pm 07/20/17Aldi's reopens
- 4:00pm 07/20/17Algae forces beaches to close
- 4:00pm 07/20/17RPD holds Law Enforcement Day
- 4:00pm 07/20/17Rome Cemetery announces plans for annual ice cream social event
- 4:00pm 07/20/17Meetings — July 20, 2017
- 4:00pm 07/20/17Second St. man accused of damaging girlfriend’s van, slamming door on cops