Sexual abuse of young boy charged
WESTMORELAND — A 21-year-old was charged with having sexual contact with a boy less than 11 years-old this month.
Chief Deputy Joseph Lisi, director of the county Child Advocacy Center, said Brandon Weber, of Westmoreland, was taken into custody by Utica Police Inv. Eric Scorzafava following an investigation into an incident that occurred in Rome earlier this month. Weber was charged Thursday with first-degree sexual abuse, a class D felony.
Weber was arraigned in City Court and sent to county jail in lieu of bail. An order of protection was issued against him on behalf of the victim.
The child has been offered counseling services through the advocacy center, Lisi said.
- 4:10pm 09/22/17Panel eyes pay for county officials
- 4:00pm 09/22/17‘Critter shelf’ near Boonville aims to reduce roadkill
- 4:00pm 09/22/17Rome woman shares heart attack story to help others
- 4:00pm 09/22/17Event steers $3,000 to district; cooler heads to prevail at RFA?
- 4:00pm 09/22/17Compliance issues scuttle live video showings of Rome Board of Education meetings
- 4:00pm 09/22/17Tenney tours DFAS, cites advocacy for ‘vital employer’ at Griffiss
- 4:00pm 09/22/17Police seize meth, charge six in Florence
- 4:00pm 09/22/17Twin brothers charged in West Liberty Street scuffle
- 4:00pm 09/22/17Sheriff probes reported suicide at jail
- 4:00pm 09/22/17Rome man pleads guilty to child porn possession