Sexual abuse of young boy charged
WESTMORELAND — A 21-year-old was charged with having sexual contact with a boy less than 11 years-old this month.
Chief Deputy Joseph Lisi, director of the county Child Advocacy Center, said Brandon Weber, of Westmoreland, was taken into custody by Utica Police Inv. Eric Scorzafava following an investigation into an incident that occurred in Rome earlier this month. Weber was charged Thursday with first-degree sexual abuse, a class D felony.
Weber was arraigned in City Court and sent to county jail in lieu of bail. An order of protection was issued against him on behalf of the victim.
The child has been offered counseling services through the advocacy center, Lisi said.
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Two at EADS receive promotions
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Three earn high honors at South Lewis
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Textbooks approved by BOE in 5-2 vote
- 4:00pm 03/17/18School district redefines lease agreement to use Kost Field Complex
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Student, 11, charged in Westmoreland threat
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Pair accused of welfare fraud in Madison County
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Henry P. Smith Post hosts meeting Tuesday
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Lowville teen caught in Walmart fraud
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Utica Dollars for Scholars applications deadline approaching
- 4:00pm 03/17/18Utica man faces attempted murder charge