Sexual abuse of young boy charged
WESTMORELAND — A 21-year-old was charged with having sexual contact with a boy less than 11 years-old this month.
Chief Deputy Joseph Lisi, director of the county Child Advocacy Center, said Brandon Weber, of Westmoreland, was taken into custody by Utica Police Inv. Eric Scorzafava following an investigation into an incident that occurred in Rome earlier this month. Weber was charged Thursday with first-degree sexual abuse, a class D felony.
Weber was arraigned in City Court and sent to county jail in lieu of bail. An order of protection was issued against him on behalf of the victim.
The child has been offered counseling services through the advocacy center, Lisi said.
- 1:00pm 08/21/17Next walk for mayor Tuesday on Mayberry St.
- 11:53am 08/21/17Manhunt continues for suspect
- 9:00am 08/20/17Mohawk Valley readies for rare glimpse of solar eclipse
- 4:00pm 08/19/17Mortgage Research Center pays restitution, fine in conduct home closing cost case
- 4:00pm 08/19/17Tenney urges president to continue to denounce racial hatred
- 4:00pm 08/19/17School district eyes savings of nearly $575,000
- 4:00pm 08/19/17Utica man faces weapons, multiple other charges after traffic stop
- 4:00pm 08/19/17Deerfield Place cuts ribbon on new apartment, townhouse complex in Utica
- 4:00pm 08/19/17Capitol to hold auditions for musical
- 4:00pm 08/19/17DOT reminds motorists to expect lane changes, watch for flaggers