Rome Police nab wanted man
TOWN OF ANNSVILLE — The Rome Police Department’s Warrant of the Week was taken into custody on multiple charges Wednesday after the department received a tip that he was in the Hamlet of Taberg.
Police said Steven C. Centore, 32, of West Linden Street, was originally wanted for a July 15 incident where he attacked another man’s car and smashed out the windows. Police said the argument was over a disputed debt, and Centore fled the scene before law enforcement arrived.
Patrolman James T. Bristol investigated and warrants were issued for Centore on charges of third-degree mischief and second-degree menacing.
Authorities said Centore was then involved in a dispute in Rome on Saturday, and officers Josef I. Hall and Alexzandra S. Carletta were dispatched to investigate and take him into custody. Police said Centore was already in his vehicle when the officers arrived and he took off.
While recklessly driving from the scene, authorities said Centore passed Sgt. Mark A. Glasso, who was on his way to the scene and witnessed Centore’s reckless operation. On Wednesday, police named Centore their Warrant of the Week and his information was shared across local media and social media. Police said they received a tip on Wednesday that Centore was at a residence on Martin Court in Taberg, and he was taken into custody by Bristol and Carletta, with assistance from the Sheriff’s Office.
Along with the warrants for mischief and menacing, police said Centore is charged with reckless driving, resisting arrest, unlawfully fleeing a police officer and second-degree reckless endangerment.
He was held in lockup overnight to await arraignment today in City Court.
- 4:10pm 11/17/18City’s Codes Department unveils hybrid car fleet $100,000 state grant funds purchase of new, energy-efficient vehicles
- 4:00pm 11/17/18DEC seeks input on managing Tug Hill lands
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Civic group honors AmeriCu’s Manuele
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Drivers urged to think safety as winter descends on region
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Woman gets probation for theft
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Eight area residents among state police grads
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Jervis serves as collection point for multiple community outreach efforts
- 4:00pm 11/17/18State champion RFA Marching Band receives commendation
- 4:00pm 11/17/18School board debates membership in statewide association
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Public Safety Logs — Nov. 17, 2018