Rome man faces weapons charges
A 24-year-old man has been charged with possessing a handgun following a dispute on West Fox Street Sunday afternoon, according to local law enforcement officials.
Police said Kenneth G. Soberanis Jr., of Rome, was in a dispute with another person on West Fox Street at about 4 p.m. Sunday, and witnesses saw Soberanis display a handgun.
Officers investigated and learned that Soberanis was hiding at a residence in the 100 block of W. Thomas St., the law enforcers said.
A perimeter was set up around the residence and Soberanis was found hiding in a first-floor bathroom, with a loaded .22-caliber handgun, authorities stated.
Soberanis is charged with one count each of second and third-degree possession of a weapon, both felonies, police said. Soberanis was arraigned in City Court and was sent to county jail in lieu of $10,000 cash bail or bond. He is scheduled to appear in court.
Police said the investigation is continuing and additional charges are pending.
- 4:10pm 07/17/18$9M swift water rescue training center opens in Whitestown
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Goat Yoga is baaaaack at Fort Rickey
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Man accused of having sex with underage girl
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Camden schools to establish two special patrol officers
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Police outline Law Enforcement Day schedule
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Coupons for seniors offered Friday at Farmer’s Market
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Event to raise funds for R-CATS
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Bellamy Community Awards names master of ceremonies
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Meetings — Wednesday, July 18, 2018
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Public Safety Logs —July 17, 2018