Rome man charged with stealing a firearm
NEW HARTFORD — A former employee of a sporting goods store in New Hartford has been charged with stealing a firearm, according to area law enforcement investigators.
Police said Richard S. Neidl, 33, of Rome, stole the gun from the store in March 2016.
The police investigators said Neidl was a former employee who had access to the firearms area.
Over the course of the investigation, police said they were able to identify Neidl, and Rome Police uncovered the gun during an unrelated search warrant in Rome.
Neidl was take into custody on Friday on one count of fourth-degree grand larceny, a class E felony, police said.
The law enforcers added that Neidl was arraigned in Town Court and was sent to county jail in lieu of bail.
He is scheduled to reappear in court, the authorities added.
- 4:10pm 09/21/17City outlines plans, projects for $10M grant
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Heat wave prompts swim extension at Delta Lake
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Hoag named Officer of Month
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Premier Aviation to sell some Canadian operations, says Griffiss facility not affected
- 4:00pm 09/21/17General Cable water tower work continues
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Purchases, social worker on school board agenda
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Police seek info in break-in
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Retired teacher helps promote National Teach Ag Day
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Veterans Mental Health Training Initiative holds forum
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Colonial Park Fall Festival set for Oct. 7