Joshua J. Sherman
Rome man charged with rape of teenage girl in city
A 26-year-old Rome man is accused of raping a teenage girl this summer, according to local law enforcers.
Joshua J. Sherman, of Rome, had sex with a 15-year-old girl in Rome in early July, according to Inv. Mark R. Chrysler with the county Child Advocacy Center.
Authorities were notified of the encounter later that month, and Sherman was taken into custody in Rome on Monday, with assistance from Det. Edwin A. D’Alessandro.
Sherman is charged with one count of third-degree rape, a class E felony, authorities said.
He was arraigned in court and is scheduled to reappear.
The victim has been offered counseling through the CAC.
- 4:10pm 11/16/18End of the line for Harden; assets for sale in separate stages
- 4:00pm 11/16/18No recycling event on Saturday
- 4:00pm 11/16/18Learning standards, library among topics for VVS school board
- 4:00pm 11/16/18Man, 48, charged with assault in dispute
- 4:00pm 11/16/18Police seek information about pair of cars in shooting at gas station
- 4:00pm 11/16/18Police seek wanted man
- 4:00pm 11/16/18Driver hurt in Route 49 accident
- 4:00pm 11/16/18MVCC to host display of AIDS Memorial Quilt
- 4:00pm 11/16/18‘Lights, Camera, Music’ Nov. 27 at Capitol
- 4:00pm 11/16/18Public Safety Logs — Nov. 16, 2018