Willie E. Williams
Rome man accused of raping underage girl
A 43-year-old Rome man is accused of raping an underage girl in the city, according to local law enforcement officials.
Willie E. Williams had sex with a girl under the age of 15 in Rome earlier this month, according
to the county Child Advocacy Center.
Following an investigation, Williams was taken into custody on Tuesday, the law enforcers said.
Williams is charged with one count of second-degree rape, a class D felony, authorities said, adding that he was arraigned in court and sent to county jail in lieu of bail.
An order of protection has been filed on behalf of the victim, and she has been offered counseling through the CAC.
- 12:00pm 07/16/18Blaze displaces three in Western
- 4:10pm 07/14/18Yorkville resident receives Liberty Medal
- 4:00pm 07/14/18Over 1,000 youngsters participate in county’s annual Sidewalk Art Contest
- 4:00pm 07/14/18IDA approves three actions for project at former Rome Cable
- 4:00pm 07/14/18Music teacher position added at BOE meeting
- 4:00pm 07/14/18Oneida to hold groundbreaking ceremony for railway redevelopment
- 4:00pm 07/14/18DiNapoli mentions Rome, Utica demographics in report
- 4:00pm 07/14/18Boy in critical condition after BB gun game
- 4:00pm 07/14/18Public Safety Logs — July 14, 2018
- 4:00pm 07/14/18Sherrill to host concert series, balloon walk