Willie E. Williams
Rome man accused of raping underage girl
A 43-year-old Rome man is accused of raping an underage girl in the city, according to local law enforcement officials.
Willie E. Williams had sex with a girl under the age of 15 in Rome earlier this month, according
to the county Child Advocacy Center.
Following an investigation, Williams was taken into custody on Tuesday, the law enforcers said.
Williams is charged with one count of second-degree rape, a class D felony, authorities said, adding that he was arraigned in court and sent to county jail in lieu of bail.
An order of protection has been filed on behalf of the victim, and she has been offered counseling through the CAC.
- 4:00pm 09/19/18GOP’s Molinaro gets Picente endorsement
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Board approves paving project to ease Strough parking woes
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Possible harmful algae blooms found on Oneida Lake
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Flu season coming on quickly, health department warns; officials say the time is now to get annual flu vaccine
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Utica man accused of raping two children
- 4:00pm 09/19/18-
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Two charged as accomplices in DeWitt slayings
- 4:00pm 09/19/18State begins weekly fall foliage reports
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Brindisi: Public would suffer from proposed health care merger
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Meetings — Thursday, Sept. 20