Willie E. Williams
Rome man accused of raping underage girl
A 43-year-old Rome man is accused of raping an underage girl in the city, according to local law enforcement officials.
Willie E. Williams had sex with a girl under the age of 15 in Rome earlier this month, according
to the county Child Advocacy Center.
Following an investigation, Williams was taken into custody on Tuesday, the law enforcers said.
Williams is charged with one count of second-degree rape, a class D felony, authorities said, adding that he was arraigned in court and sent to county jail in lieu of bail.
An order of protection has been filed on behalf of the victim, and she has been offered counseling through the CAC.
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Charged in Sunoco robbery
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Rome school district honored with Best Communities for Music Education designation
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Seasonal Sports to replace damaged sign at Bobby Page Memorial Fields
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Fire destroys garage in Lee Center
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Utica College student accused of threats offered plea deal
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Utica College to hold special ed open house Wednesday
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Rome Clean and Green to participate for 20th year in Keep America Beautiful Great American Clean Up
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Local jobless rate falls
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Holland Patent receives school safety award
- 4:00pm 04/20/18SUNY Poly to host Mohawk Valley Mini Maker Faire