Willie E. Williams
Rome man accused of raping underage girl
A 43-year-old Rome man is accused of raping an underage girl in the city, according to local law enforcement officials.
Willie E. Williams had sex with a girl under the age of 15 in Rome earlier this month, according
to the county Child Advocacy Center.
Following an investigation, Williams was taken into custody on Tuesday, the law enforcers said.
Williams is charged with one count of second-degree rape, a class D felony, authorities said, adding that he was arraigned in court and sent to county jail in lieu of bail.
An order of protection has been filed on behalf of the victim, and she has been offered counseling through the CAC.
- 4:10pm 02/17/18Jervis Public Library acknowledges fourth quarter donations, gifts
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Students honored for demonstrating outstanding character
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Rome district to begin Pre-K registration Feb. 26
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Meetings — Monday, Feb. 19, 2018
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Man gets 90 months in prison in child porn case
- 4:00pm 02/17/18DWI charge in Lowville crash
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Public Safety Logs — Feb. 17, 2018
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Movies — Feb. 17, 2018
- 12:00pm 02/17/18Attendance more than doubles at Verona Beach State Park, officials report
- 11:30am 02/17/18New York offers free fishing weekend and ice fishing clinic