Michael P. Egelston
Rome man accused of rape
A 24-year-old man is accused of raping a woman in Rome early Saturday morning., police have reported.
Police said Michael P. Egelston had unwanted sex with a woman in the city in the early hours on March 10.
The case was investigated by Officer Jacob A. Clark, with assistance from the Detective Division. Egelston was taken into custody Wednesday morning, the law enforcement
Egelston is charged with one count of third-degree rape, a class E felony, authorities said.
He was arraigned in City Court and was sent to county jail in lieu of $30,000 cash bail or bond. He is scheduled to reappear in court.
- 4:10pm 10/20/18City has ‘twofold’ plan to replace parking garage
- 4:10pm 10/20/18Strough inducts new Junior Honor Society members
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Mohawk Valley Water Authority considering rate hike
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Old-fashioned fireplace saves home from burning
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Truck driver gets three years probation for fraud
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Psychiatric Center worker accused of wage theft
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Debate Oct. 30 between Assembly 119 candidates
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Unemployment rate declines in region
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Hours extended at Board of Elections
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Cinema Capitol to host ‘out of this world’ double feature