Michael P. Egelston
Rome man accused of rape
A 24-year-old man is accused of raping a woman in Rome early Saturday morning., police have reported.
Police said Michael P. Egelston had unwanted sex with a woman in the city in the early hours on March 10.
The case was investigated by Officer Jacob A. Clark, with assistance from the Detective Division. Egelston was taken into custody Wednesday morning, the law enforcement
Egelston is charged with one count of third-degree rape, a class E felony, authorities said.
He was arraigned in City Court and was sent to county jail in lieu of $30,000 cash bail or bond. He is scheduled to reappear in court.
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Rainy days are here again
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Ex-Sherrill resident lands ‘dream’ NASA internship
- 4:00pm 07/21/1825 RFA graduates honored with Dyett Fund grants
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Assembly candidates McEvoy, Bova file signatures
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Holland Patent Central School Class of 1968 marks 50-year reunion
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Meetings — Monday, July 23, 2018
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Lot sale approved for new Eye Care Center of Rome
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Sherrill expands tobacco use restrictions
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Guilty plea in Utica homicide
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Pair arrested in string of New Hartford thefts