Michael P. Egelston
Rome man accused of rape
A 24-year-old man is accused of raping a woman in Rome early Saturday morning., police have reported.
Police said Michael P. Egelston had unwanted sex with a woman in the city in the early hours on March 10.
The case was investigated by Officer Jacob A. Clark, with assistance from the Detective Division. Egelston was taken into custody Wednesday morning, the law enforcement
Egelston is charged with one count of third-degree rape, a class E felony, authorities said.
He was arraigned in City Court and was sent to county jail in lieu of $30,000 cash bail or bond. He is scheduled to reappear in court.
- 4:10pm 04/19/18RCS festival to return
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Federal reps seek funds to fortify security at Rome Lab
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Farmer, politician seek answers after reported ICE raid
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Local officials blast Tenney criticism of eminent domain in hospital project
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Mayor to give State of the City speech May 8
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Tax deadline approaching
- 4:00pm 04/19/18City to host Spring Fling
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Pair win its 'All About the Meat' contest
- 4:00pm 04/19/18SUNY Poly to highlight student research
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Community Foundation pledges $5M to coalition to fight lead poisoning