Rome man accused of impersonating police officer
VILLAGE OF HERKIMER — A Rome man is one of two people charged with posing as a police officer in Herkimer County early Sunday morning.
Police said Andrew Moraco, 35, of Rome, and Tiffany Sutton, 30, of Richfield Springs, knocked on a door in the 200 block of N. Main St. at 1:30 a.m. and claimed they were police officers. This persuaded the resident to open the door for the pair, and authorities said they entered the apartment unlawfully.
Moraco and Sutton are both charged with one count of second-degree impersonation and second-degree trespass, police stated. They are scheduled to appear in Village Court.
- 4:02pm 06/23/18345 get diplomas at RFA commencement ceremony
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Oriskany Central School celebrates 2018 commencement ceremony
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Oriskany graduates earn honors
- 4:00pm 06/23/18154 students turn tassels at Camden commencement
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Camden grads receive awards, scholarships
- 4:00pm 06/23/18RFA senior earns special credential
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Conservation officer hooks Madison County angler
- 4:00pm 06/23/18GlassBarge gives free glassblowing demonstrations
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Public Safety Logs — June 23, 2018
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Rome Free Academy valedictorian: ‘Strive to be self aware’