Rome man, 33, charged with choking girlfriend
A 33-year-old man has been charged with a felony for choking his girlfriend on
Curtis Street Monday evening, according to law enforcement officials.
Police said Travis J. Kimball Sr., of 309 Curtis St., choked his girlfriend during an argument at his residence shortly after 6 p.m. Monday evening.
The law enforcement officials added that the woman lost
consciousness while she was being choked.
Kimball is charged with one count of second-degree strangulation, a class D felony, authorities stated.
He was held in lockup overnight to await arraignment today in City Court, the law enforcers added.
- 4:00pm 11/15/18City's Board of Estimate to hold special meeting
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Board, groups meet to discuss minority concerns
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Flakes to fly; several inches of snow likely
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Oneida County lawmakers approve budget without gaming revenue sharing
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Nursing facility donates to Rescue Mission
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Rescue Mission puts out call for turkeys
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Lewis County man hospitalized after rescuing dogs from fire
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Council approves trash, dog ordinance changes
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Trailbusters to host NYS safety course
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Children can send Christmas wishes to Santa Claus