Rome man, 33, charged with choking girlfriend
A 33-year-old man has been charged with a felony for choking his girlfriend on
Curtis Street Monday evening, according to law enforcement officials.
Police said Travis J. Kimball Sr., of 309 Curtis St., choked his girlfriend during an argument at his residence shortly after 6 p.m. Monday evening.
The law enforcement officials added that the woman lost
consciousness while she was being choked.
Kimball is charged with one count of second-degree strangulation, a class D felony, authorities stated.
He was held in lockup overnight to await arraignment today in City Court, the law enforcers added.
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Utica man accused of abuse of disabled child
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Westmoreland man, 33, accused of sex abuse
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Arctic cold front ready to blow in
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Capitol Theatre to host Tuba Christmas on Tuesday
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Council unveils last agenda for 2017
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Authorities: Menacing report in Floyd appears unfounded
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Wreaths to be placed Saturday on veterans’ graves
- 4:00pm 12/11/17City of Sherrill to auction surplus items
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Meetings — Tuesday, Dec. 12, 2017
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Property acquisition process starts for new downtown Utica hospital