Rome man, 33, charged with choking girlfriend
A 33-year-old man has been charged with a felony for choking his girlfriend on
Curtis Street Monday evening, according to law enforcement officials.
Police said Travis J. Kimball Sr., of 309 Curtis St., choked his girlfriend during an argument at his residence shortly after 6 p.m. Monday evening.
The law enforcement officials added that the woman lost
consciousness while she was being choked.
Kimball is charged with one count of second-degree strangulation, a class D felony, authorities stated.
He was held in lockup overnight to await arraignment today in City Court, the law enforcers added.
- 5:47pm 08/13/18Romans greet president at Griffiss
- 4:00pm 08/13/18Construction on Vietnam Veterans Memorial at Griffiss underway
- 4:00pm 08/13/18Tax increase anticipated for Lee fire district, officials say
- 4:00pm 08/13/18Swift water rescue training in Whitestown center
- 4:00pm 08/13/18Hate Crimes Task Force to hold forum
- 4:00pm 08/13/18Utica Police announces street closures
- 4:00pm 08/13/18Tickets for ‘Hello Dolly!’ go on sale
- 4:00pm 08/13/18Meetings — Tuesday, Aug. 13, 2018
- 4:00pm 08/13/18Teen listed in critical condition after wreck
- 4:00pm 08/13/18Roosevelt Residences affordable housing development to close pre-application window