Roman charged with menacing
A 28-year-old man is accused of chasing another man with a breaker bar on Canal Street Monday afternoon.
Police said two men were arguing outside a residence on Canal Street shortly before 6 p.m. Police said a third man, Marcus E. Randall, of 307 Lawrence St., came out of a residence and started chasing one of the men with a metal breaker bar.
Nearby, a city police officer on patrol came around the corner and spotted the victim running. Police said the officer stopped the man and questioned him, leading to Randall being taken into custody. Randall is charged with one count of second-degree menacing, a misdemeanor, police stated. He was arraigned in court and was sent to county jail in lieu of bail. He is scheduled to reappear in court.
- 6:59pm 03/19/18Prosecutor: Coffin was still in possession of murder weapon when taken into custody
- 4:10pm 03/19/18First of two maple weekends a big, sticky success at VVS
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Corning Museum’s GlassBarge to make stop in Sylvan Beach
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Dialogue with super March 26
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Board debate builds over proposals for architect services
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Bellamy Elementary School holds craft fair
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Man, 28, accused of whipping child with towel
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Rome Sports Hall of Fame scoops up Stewart’s grant
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Registration open for 21st annual ‘Ted’ Moore Run
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Driver charged with DWI after car, foot chase