Roman accused of sex abuse
A Rome man was charged with having sexual contact with a girl under the age of 14.
Sheriff’s Inv. Christopher J. Paravati and Utica Police Inv. Fred Bruzzese, both assigned to the county Child Advocacy Center, said Patrick Parker, 30, had sexual contact with the child while in Rome. Parker was taken into custody and charged with second-degree sexual abuse and endangering the welfare of a child, both misdemeanors.
He was arraigned in Centralized Arraignment Court located at the Oneida County Correctional Facility, where he was released on his own recognizance.
The victim has been offered counseling services through the CAC.
- 11:58am 10/17/18Candidates square off in forum
- 4:00pm 10/16/18County, Oneida Nation, libraries team up to get books in bassinets
- 4:00pm 10/16/18NBT Bank announces new vice president
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Event to aid animal rescue group
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Get a reusable goodies bag for trick-or-treating
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Good Buy Bazaar this weekend at St. Peter’s
- 4:00pm 10/16/18State offers up to $50K to help new farmers expand or improve their operations
- 4:00pm 10/16/18NAACP’s Freedom Fund event Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Turning Stone boutiques set grand opening for Nov. 1
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Madison County increases price of Solid Waste Punch Cards