Remsen man accused of forging checks
TOWN OF AUGUSTA — A 24-year-old Remsen man is accused of forging checks he stole from his boss.
Sheriff’s deputies said Zachary M. Williamson stole numerous checks from his employer, forged his employer’s name on the checks and cashed them at several locations in Oneida and Madison counties this summer.
Following an investigation, Williamson was taken into custody on Tuesday. Deputies said he is charged with one count of second-degree possession of a forged instrument, a class D felony. He was arraigned in court and was sent to county jail without bail.
Williamson is scheduled to reappear in court.
- 4:00pm 11/15/18City's Board of Estimate to hold special meeting
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Board, groups meet to discuss minority concerns
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Flakes to fly; several inches of snow likely
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Oneida County lawmakers approve budget without gaming revenue sharing
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Nursing facility donates to Rescue Mission
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Rescue Mission puts out call for turkeys
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Lewis County man hospitalized after rescuing dogs from fire
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Council approves trash, dog ordinance changes
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Trailbusters to host NYS safety course
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Children can send Christmas wishes to Santa Claus