Psychiatrist pleads guilty in fraud case at state psychiatric center
TOWN OF MARCY — A psychiatrist at the New York State Psychiatric Center has been fired after law enforcement officials said he lied about treating inmate patients.
While working as a psychiatrist, Morales D. Brown, 59, of Deerfield, lied about evaluating and treating patients and lied on his time and attendance records, according to the state Inspector General’s Office.
Authorities said Brown falsified three Psychiatric Progress Notes on inmate patients between August and September 2016. Authorities said he also submitted false time and attendance records for time he did not work between January and September 2016.
Brown pleaded guilty to a charge of criminal trespass in Marcy Town Court, authorities said. He paid $5,486.86 in restitution, has been ordered to serve 25 hours of community service and has been forced to leave his state job with the Office of Mental Health.
The Inspector General’s Office has also referred the matter to the state Office of Professional Medical Conduct to determine Brown’s fitness as a licensed physician.
- 4:10pm 07/17/18$9M swift water rescue training center opens in Whitestown
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Goat Yoga is baaaaack at Fort Rickey
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Man accused of having sex with underage girl
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Camden schools to establish two special patrol officers
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Police outline Law Enforcement Day schedule
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Coupons for seniors offered Friday at Farmer’s Market
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Event to raise funds for R-CATS
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Bellamy Community Awards names master of ceremonies
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Meetings — Wednesday, July 18, 2018
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Public Safety Logs —July 17, 2018