Psychiatrist pleads guilty in fraud case at state psychiatric center
TOWN OF MARCY — A psychiatrist at the New York State Psychiatric Center has been fired after law enforcement officials said he lied about treating inmate patients.
While working as a psychiatrist, Morales D. Brown, 59, of Deerfield, lied about evaluating and treating patients and lied on his time and attendance records, according to the state Inspector General’s Office.
Authorities said Brown falsified three Psychiatric Progress Notes on inmate patients between August and September 2016. Authorities said he also submitted false time and attendance records for time he did not work between January and September 2016.
Brown pleaded guilty to a charge of criminal trespass in Marcy Town Court, authorities said. He paid $5,486.86 in restitution, has been ordered to serve 25 hours of community service and has been forced to leave his state job with the Office of Mental Health.
The Inspector General’s Office has also referred the matter to the state Office of Professional Medical Conduct to determine Brown’s fitness as a licensed physician.
- 4:10pm 12/15/17Society gains ‘priceless collection’
- 4:00pm 12/15/17Church’s Tree of Light and Life raises money for local charities
- 4:00pm 12/15/17Lee water supervisor leaving; plowing contract approved
- 4:00pm 12/15/17County’s gambling revenue trails 2016’s jackpot
- 4:00pm 12/15/17Firefighters union, city agree on 4-year deal
- 4:00pm 12/15/17Search begins for new RFA varsity football coach
- 4:00pm 12/15/17Sauquoit woman hospitalized following Route 12 accident
- 4:00pm 12/15/17Rescue Mission Christmas party set for Saturday
- 4:00pm 12/15/17Sherrill residents asked to vote for Christmas lights contest
- 4:00pm 12/15/17Madison County Health Dept. receives medical funding