Shawn A. Kelly
Police seek public’s help to track down burglary suspect
Rome Police are asking the public for any information that may lead to the apprehension of suspect Shawn A. Kelly, 51, with a last known address of Roberts Street.
Kelly is 5 feet, 8 inches tall and weighs about 160 pounds. His warrants were issued out of City Court on July 31, and Aug. 6 for second-degree burglary, a felony. He is accused of illegally entering homes of people that he knows and stealing property from inside the residences, police said.
Any information regarding the whereabouts of Kelly can be sent to the Rome Police by using the anonymous tip application on the Rome Police website, www.romepd.com. Information can also be relayed by calling 911, the departments desk officer at 315-339-7780 or by contacting Crime Stoppers.
A complete list of warrants is available at www.romepd.com from the homepage warrants tab. The list is updated once a week. The department will also release warrant information on a Warrant of the Week.
- 4:10pm 11/17/18City’s Codes Department unveils hybrid car fleet $100,000 state grant funds purchase of new, energy-efficient vehicles
- 4:00pm 11/17/18DEC seeks input on managing Tug Hill lands
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Civic group honors AmeriCu’s Manuele
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Drivers urged to think safety as winter descends on region
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Woman gets probation for theft
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Eight area residents among state police grads
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Jervis serves as collection point for multiple community outreach efforts
- 4:00pm 11/17/18State champion RFA Marching Band receives commendation
- 4:00pm 11/17/18School board debates membership in statewide association
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Public Safety Logs — Nov. 17, 2018