Police probe crash into Dollar Tree
No one was seriously injured when a car crashed through the front of the Dollar Tree store in Freedom Plaza Tuesday afternoon.
What exactly caused Rex H. Perham’s 2006 Dodge Stratus to jump the curb and smash through the large window facade remains under investigation, according to police.
The car managed to avoid all employees and customers inside the store in the 6 p.m. crash.
Fire officials said the car struck an empty cash register and tore down lights and wiring from the ceiling. Officials said Perham, 58, of 413 W. Thomas St., suffered scrapes and bruises in the crash.
Police said no tickets have been issued so far. The accident remains under investigation by Patrolman Tyler Nutting.
The Dollar Tree is closed today. The broken facade is boarded over and taped off this morning.
Police are asking anyone who witnessed the crash to call the Police Department at 315-339-7780.
- 4:00pm 09/19/18GOP’s Molinaro gets Picente endorsement
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Board approves paving project to ease Strough parking woes
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Possible harmful algae blooms found on Oneida Lake
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Flu season coming on quickly, health department warns; officials say the time is now to get annual flu vaccine
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Utica man accused of raping two children
- 4:00pm 09/19/18-
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Two charged as accomplices in DeWitt slayings
- 4:00pm 09/19/18State begins weekly fall foliage reports
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Brindisi: Public would suffer from proposed health care merger
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Meetings — Thursday, Sept. 20