Police identify victim in fatal Higby Road crash
NEW HARTFORD — Police have identified 59-year-old Joseph A. Zutter, of Utica, as the victim in the fatal accident on Higby Road on Friday.
Police said Zutter was westbound at about 9:25 p.m. when his 2012 Ford Fusion went off the roadway and hit a culvert near Stonebridge Road.
Police said the car overturned and Zutter was thrown from the vehicle. Zutter later died of his injuries.
Police said the accident remains under investigation as to what caused the Ford to go off the roadway.
- 12:00pm 11/12/18Rome man charged in fake assault claim
- 12:00pm 11/12/18Veteran's Day ceremony at Rome's Veterans Memorial Park
- 4:01pm 11/10/18Opioid suit helps county tackle old records
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Lake Delta Fire Department to host open house to thank community for support
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Historian to recount tale of WWI Lost Battalion
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Madison County to host public budget hearings
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Thank you dinner for vets Sunday
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Kirkland Library director receives ‘All-Star’ award
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Oriskany inducts 13 students into National Honor Society chapter
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Holiday basket signups start Monday at Rescue Mission