From left: Oba Loney, Nihada Sabanagic.
Police charge parolee, girlfriend with drug possession
A man and woman are both facing drug possession charges after law enforcers said they executed a parole violation warrant on Woodland Avenue Wednesday morning.
Police said they were looking for 36-year-old Oba Loney for a parole violation at 508 Woodland Ave. at about 10:20 a.m.
When they raided the apartment, police said they also found 1/2-ounce of crack cocaine, packaged for sale.
Loney and his girlfriend, 28-year-old Nihada Sabanagic, were both taken into custody on one count each of felony third-degree possession of a controlled substance, police said.
Loney was additionally charged with the parole violation, according to the law enforcers.
Both Loney and Sabanagic are scheduled to appear in court.
New York State Parole and the U.S. Marshal’s Regional Fugitive Task Force assisted.
According to state records, Loney was released on parole on Sept. 21, 2017, after serving nearly three years in prison on a charge of attempted possession of a controlled substance. Loney also previously served several years in prison from 2004 to 2009 on another drug possession charged, records stated.
- 4:10pm 11/17/18City’s Codes Department unveils hybrid car fleet
- 4:00pm 11/17/18DEC seeks input on managing Tug Hill lands
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Civic group honors AmeriCu’s Manuele
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Drivers urged to think safety as winter descends on region
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Woman gets probation for theft
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Eight area residents among state police grads
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Jervis serves as collection point for multiple community outreach efforts
- 4:00pm 11/17/18State champion RFA Marching Band receives commendation
- 4:00pm 11/17/18School board debates membership in statewide association
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Public Safety Logs — Nov. 17, 2018