From left: Oba Loney, Nihada Sabanagic.
Police charge parolee, girlfriend with drug possession
A man and woman are both facing drug possession charges after law enforcers said they executed a parole violation warrant on Woodland Avenue Wednesday morning.
Police said they were looking for 36-year-old Oba Loney for a parole violation at 508 Woodland Ave. at about 10:20 a.m.
When they raided the apartment, police said they also found 1/2-ounce of crack cocaine, packaged for sale.
Loney and his girlfriend, 28-year-old Nihada Sabanagic, were both taken into custody on one count each of felony third-degree possession of a controlled substance, police said.
Loney was additionally charged with the parole violation, according to the law enforcers.
Both Loney and Sabanagic are scheduled to appear in court.
New York State Parole and the U.S. Marshal’s Regional Fugitive Task Force assisted.
According to state records, Loney was released on parole on Sept. 21, 2017, after serving nearly three years in prison on a charge of attempted possession of a controlled substance. Loney also previously served several years in prison from 2004 to 2009 on another drug possession charged, records stated.
- 4:00pm 09/19/18GOP’s Molinaro gets Picente endorsement
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Board approves paving project to ease Strough parking woes
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Possible harmful algae blooms found on Oneida Lake
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Flu season coming on quickly, health department warns; officials say the time is now to get annual flu vaccine
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Utica man accused of raping two children
- 4:00pm 09/19/18-
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Two charged as accomplices in DeWitt slayings
- 4:00pm 09/19/18State begins weekly fall foliage reports
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Brindisi: Public would suffer from proposed health care merger
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Meetings — Thursday, Sept. 20