From left: Oba Loney, Nihada Sabanagic.
Police charge parolee, girlfriend with drug possession
A man and woman are both facing drug possession charges after law enforcers said they executed a parole violation warrant on Woodland Avenue Wednesday morning.
Police said they were looking for 36-year-old Oba Loney for a parole violation at 508 Woodland Ave. at about 10:20 a.m.
When they raided the apartment, police said they also found 1/2-ounce of crack cocaine, packaged for sale.
Loney and his girlfriend, 28-year-old Nihada Sabanagic, were both taken into custody on one count each of felony third-degree possession of a controlled substance, police said.
Loney was additionally charged with the parole violation, according to the law enforcers.
Both Loney and Sabanagic are scheduled to appear in court.
New York State Parole and the U.S. Marshal’s Regional Fugitive Task Force assisted.
According to state records, Loney was released on parole on Sept. 21, 2017, after serving nearly three years in prison on a charge of attempted possession of a controlled substance. Loney also previously served several years in prison from 2004 to 2009 on another drug possession charged, records stated.
- 4:00pm 10/18/18Capitol surprised with $10,000 Community Choice Award
- 4:00pm 10/18/18‘Mysteries, Myths & Mayhem’ to abound at Fort Stanwix
- 4:00pm 10/18/18Hiker, 73, rescued from Bald Mountain
- 4:00pm 10/18/18Oneida executive bemoans how community colleges paid for
- 4:00pm 10/18/18Remsen man accused of forging checks
- 4:00pm 10/18/18MVCC signs transfer pact with SUNY Albany
- 4:00pm 10/18/18Firefighters to host hurricane relief pancake breakfast
- 4:00pm 10/18/18Author, broadcaster to discuss new book at Jervis
- 4:00pm 10/18/18Farm Bureau praises Tenney
- 4:00pm 10/18/18Workshop offered at Griffiss Institute