Passenger injured in Route 5 crash
TOWN OF WESTMORELAND — A passenger was hospitalized after a two-vehicle collision at the intersection of Routes 5 and 233 Sunday afternoon, according to local law enforcement investigators.
Sheriff’s deputies said Maria Neporanny, 73, of Utica, was stopped in the intersection facing east at 3 p.m., waiting to turn north onto Route 233.
Deputies said Jordon Smith, 20, of Clinton, was eastbound and was distracted by another passing motorist.
Authorities said Smith’s vehicle collided with Neporanny’s and Smith was ticketed.
A passenger in Smith’s vehicle, 21-year-old Carleigh Hughes, was taken to St. Luke’s Hospital in New Hartford for minor injuries, deputies stated.
- 4:10pm 04/25/18Capital improvements project underway at Oriskany Central School
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Pair of Lincoln residents charged with cooking meth
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Area unemployment rate up compared to March 2017
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Ballot lines decided for Tenney, Brindisi
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Court clears Utica police officer in fatal shooting
- 4:00pm 04/25/18SUNY Poly to take part in ‘Yards for Yeardley’
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Turning Stone launching Thursday professional comedy series
- 4:00pm 04/25/18MVCC to host lecture by paralympian Tucker
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Pair of Oneonta residents accused of trying to scam businesses
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Meetings — Thursday, April 26, 2018