Passenger injured in Route 5 crash
TOWN OF WESTMORELAND — A passenger was hospitalized after a two-vehicle collision at the intersection of Routes 5 and 233 Sunday afternoon, according to local law enforcement investigators.
Sheriff’s deputies said Maria Neporanny, 73, of Utica, was stopped in the intersection facing east at 3 p.m., waiting to turn north onto Route 233.
Deputies said Jordon Smith, 20, of Clinton, was eastbound and was distracted by another passing motorist.
Authorities said Smith’s vehicle collided with Neporanny’s and Smith was ticketed.
A passenger in Smith’s vehicle, 21-year-old Carleigh Hughes, was taken to St. Luke’s Hospital in New Hartford for minor injuries, deputies stated.
- 11:54am 07/28/17DEC eyes unusual foam in Floyd creek
- 4:10pm 07/27/17Company says it plans repairs for Erie Canal Village
- 4:00pm 07/27/17City takes down tree at Justice Center
- 4:00pm 07/27/17Forum for Oriskany finalist on Tuesday
- 4:00pm 07/27/17Midway adds thrills and fun to Boonville-Oneida County Fair
- 4:00pm 07/27/17State approves low-cost power for Alder Creek Beverages
- 4:00pm 07/27/17Economic development group hears request for incentives for housing project
- 4:00pm 07/27/17Demolition begins at former Woodhaven complex
- 4:00pm 07/27/17Pit bull euthanized after biting toddler on Floyd Ave.