Passenger injured in Route 5 crash
TOWN OF WESTMORELAND — A passenger was hospitalized after a two-vehicle collision at the intersection of Routes 5 and 233 Sunday afternoon, according to local law enforcement investigators.
Sheriff’s deputies said Maria Neporanny, 73, of Utica, was stopped in the intersection facing east at 3 p.m., waiting to turn north onto Route 233.
Deputies said Jordon Smith, 20, of Clinton, was eastbound and was distracted by another passing motorist.
Authorities said Smith’s vehicle collided with Neporanny’s and Smith was ticketed.
A passenger in Smith’s vehicle, 21-year-old Carleigh Hughes, was taken to St. Luke’s Hospital in New Hartford for minor injuries, deputies stated.
- 4:10pm 09/23/17Strough renovation pace improves
- 4:00pm 09/23/17Griffiss remains sky-high over drone testing at airport
- 4:00pm 09/23/17State fall foliage reports to begin
- 4:00pm 09/23/17Defendant rejects plea; trial in January on bank robbery
- 4:00pm 09/23/17MVCC to host info sessions
- 4:00pm 09/23/17Remsen Barn Festival of the Arts underway
- 4:00pm 09/23/17Madison County woman charged with welfare fraud
- 4:00pm 09/23/17Community Health Awards offered to nonprofits
- 4:00pm 09/23/17Meetings — Monday, Sept. 25, 2017
- 4:00pm 09/23/17Halloween on Griffo Green set for Oct. 27