Passenger injured in Route 5 crash
TOWN OF WESTMORELAND — A passenger was hospitalized after a two-vehicle collision at the intersection of Routes 5 and 233 Sunday afternoon, according to local law enforcement investigators.
Sheriff’s deputies said Maria Neporanny, 73, of Utica, was stopped in the intersection facing east at 3 p.m., waiting to turn north onto Route 233.
Deputies said Jordon Smith, 20, of Clinton, was eastbound and was distracted by another passing motorist.
Authorities said Smith’s vehicle collided with Neporanny’s and Smith was ticketed.
A passenger in Smith’s vehicle, 21-year-old Carleigh Hughes, was taken to St. Luke’s Hospital in New Hartford for minor injuries, deputies stated.
- 4:10pm 11/21/17Holiday travelers to see lower gas prices
- 4:00pm 11/21/17County executive helps to raise awareness for Giving Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/21/17Area road construction projects linger on
- 4:00pm 11/21/17Officials secure $250K for Chenango Road Bridge
- 4:00pm 11/21/17Getting ready for Rome’s Christmas tree lighting ceremony
- 4:00pm 11/21/17Nurses contract, resource officer position before county board
- 4:00pm 11/21/17School district outlines ‘snow day’ policy, procedures
- 4:00pm 11/21/17Rome man, 33, charged with choking girlfriend
- 4:00pm 11/21/17Sauquoit man succumbs to injuries in Herkimer County
- 4:00pm 11/21/17Two sent to federal prison on meth charges