Passenger hospitalized after two-car accident on icy road in Marcy
TOWN OF MARCY — One passenger was hospitalized after an icy Morris Road led to a two-vehicle collision early New Year’s Day.
Sheriff’s deputies said Zachary Constas, of Yorkville, was southbound at about 12:47 a.m. when he was unable to stop his 2004 Hyundai on the slippery roadway. Deputies said the Hyundai slid into the oncoming lane and struck a northbound 2012 Kia, driven by Robert Maycock.
A passenger in Maycock’s vehicle, Melinda Maycock, was taken to St. Luke’s Hospital in New Hartford for chest pain, authorities said. The accident remains under investigation.
- 4:10pm 04/21/18Business owners, developers show support for downtown hospital
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Rome Twigs installs officers, honors members
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Rome Clean and Green to host second annual Good Clean Fun Mud Run
- 4:00pm 04/21/18LMV to hold 28th annual graduation ceremony
- 4:00pm 04/21/18MVCC to host Information Session
- 4:00pm 04/21/18VVS garage sale slated for April 28
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Six represent Oneida County at 4-H Horse Bowl
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Herkimer man accused of sexual abuse
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Movies — April 21, 2018
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Schenectady man charged with DWI in ATV crash