Passenger hospitalized after two-car accident on icy road in Marcy
TOWN OF MARCY — One passenger was hospitalized after an icy Morris Road led to a two-vehicle collision early New Year’s Day.
Sheriff’s deputies said Zachary Constas, of Yorkville, was southbound at about 12:47 a.m. when he was unable to stop his 2004 Hyundai on the slippery roadway. Deputies said the Hyundai slid into the oncoming lane and struck a northbound 2012 Kia, driven by Robert Maycock.
A passenger in Maycock’s vehicle, Melinda Maycock, was taken to St. Luke’s Hospital in New Hartford for chest pain, authorities said. The accident remains under investigation.
- 4:01pm 10/19/18Morning accident in Rome snarled morning traffic
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Express Employment Professionals First Dollar of Profit
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Alexis Jones, founder of I Am That Girl, to speak at MVCC
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Help available to update, change Medicare plans
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Westmoreland’s ‘most mysterious locale’ open to public tonight
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Take Back the Night event for Domestic Violence Awareness Month in Rome
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Adults ticketed after ECOs say teens hunting illegally
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Driver injured, ticketed in crash
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Threat at school leads to investigation
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Oneida Lake boat launch closed temporarily