Passenger hospitalized after two-car accident on icy road in Marcy
TOWN OF MARCY — One passenger was hospitalized after an icy Morris Road led to a two-vehicle collision early New Year’s Day.
Sheriff’s deputies said Zachary Constas, of Yorkville, was southbound at about 12:47 a.m. when he was unable to stop his 2004 Hyundai on the slippery roadway. Deputies said the Hyundai slid into the oncoming lane and struck a northbound 2012 Kia, driven by Robert Maycock.
A passenger in Maycock’s vehicle, Melinda Maycock, was taken to St. Luke’s Hospital in New Hartford for chest pain, authorities said. The accident remains under investigation.
- 4:21pm 01/20/18Festival fills Friday night with music
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Oneida celebrates National School Choice Week
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Enthusiastic response for robots demonstration at BOE meeting
- 4:00pm 01/20/18MWPAI adds trustees to board
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Bartell Machinery Systems receives pair of awards
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Lawrence named to GLDC board
- 4:00pm 01/20/18BOCES offers continuing education classes
- 4:00pm 01/20/18No cause yet in fatal fire
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Board approves Oneida lacrosse request, retirement extension
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Land trust group voices concerns over proposed wind energy facility