Passenger hospitalized after two-car accident on icy road in Marcy
TOWN OF MARCY — One passenger was hospitalized after an icy Morris Road led to a two-vehicle collision early New Year’s Day.
Sheriff’s deputies said Zachary Constas, of Yorkville, was southbound at about 12:47 a.m. when he was unable to stop his 2004 Hyundai on the slippery roadway. Deputies said the Hyundai slid into the oncoming lane and struck a northbound 2012 Kia, driven by Robert Maycock.
A passenger in Maycock’s vehicle, Melinda Maycock, was taken to St. Luke’s Hospital in New Hartford for chest pain, authorities said. The accident remains under investigation.
- 4:10pm 07/20/18Access still issue at Erie Canal Village
- 4:00pm 07/20/18Accused brother waives felony hearing in court
- 4:00pm 07/20/18House catches on fire after failed bid to rid bees from home
- 4:00pm 07/20/18Sherrill Manufacturing to participate in event at White House
- 4:00pm 07/20/18Stanwix Veterans & Men’s Club awards 2018 scholarships
- 4:00pm 07/20/18Chamber honors president, business manager for service
- 4:00pm 07/20/18VVS to host ‘Camp Invention’ enrichment program
- 4:00pm 07/20/18Local job count dips, labor statistics show
- 4:00pm 07/20/18Thruway warns of traffic disruptions
- 4:00pm 07/20/18College graduations, acceptance — July 20, 2018