Pair stabbed in early morning incident in Utica
Utica Police have reported that a pair of people were injured, one critically, during a stabbing early this morning.
According to a police report, officers responded to a call at approximately 6 a.m. to the second floor of 705 John St. for a reported stabbing. Upon arrival, the officers found two male victims.
Police said that one of the victims had suffered a serious chest injury while the other man had reportedly suffered only minor cuts.
Officers said that one of the men was detained at the scene and taken to the police station for questioning.
Police said that the victim with the critical wound was taken to St. Elizabeth Medical Center. Officials said that victim was in critical condition and undergoing surgery for the wound.
The investigation is ongoing and no charges have been reported at this time.
- 4:01pm 09/17/18Griffo secures funding to help Masonic Medical Research Institute
- 4:00pm 09/17/18Driver killed, child in critical condition following crash
- 4:00pm 09/17/18Grand re-opening of Philipson's in Rome
- 4:00pm 09/17/18Mohawk River Trail extended
- 4:00pm 09/17/18New business first dollar of profit
- 4:00pm 09/17/18Construction projects linger in region as autumn approaches
- 4:00pm 09/17/18VVS teacher recognized for completing state’s Master Teacher Program
- 4:00pm 09/17/18Oneida councilors to take up $8 million bond project to ‘stabilize’ Annsville reservoir
- 4:00pm 09/17/18Public Safety Logs — Sept. 17, 2018
- 4:00pm 09/17/18Special Olympics receives donations