Pair accused of welfare fraud in Madison County
WAMPSVILLE — Madison County Sheriff’s Office investigators charged two local residents today with welfare fraud.
Douglas J. Krueger, 40, of Hamilton, was charged with third-degree welfare fraud and third-degree grand larceny, both class D felonies, as well as first-degree offering a false instrument for filing, a class E felony, according to local law enforcers.
An investigation revealed that Krueger knowingly submitted false documentation to the Madison County Department of Social Services indicating he was unemployed when he was employed and earning an income.
Investigators said Krueger was paid $5,552 in public assistance benefits between Feb. 1, and Sept. 30, 2017 that he would not have received if he had not falsified the documentation.
Krueger was arraigned at Lenox Town Court and released on his own recognizance, the authorities added.
Veronica E. Ferguson, 72, of Eaton, was charged with third-degree welfare fraud, third-degree grand larceny and first-degree offering a false instrument for filing, the law enforcement
Investigators said Ferguson knowingly submitted false documentation to the Madison County Department of Social Services indicating that she lived alone when she actually resided with her husband.
Ferguson was paid $4,694 in public assistance benefits between Nov. 23, 2015 and Jan. 31, 2018 that she would not have received if she had not falsified the documentation, investigators said.
Ferguson was arraigned in Lenox Town Court and released on her own recognizance to re-appear.
- 4:10pm 10/20/18City has ‘twofold’ plan to replace parking garage
- 4:10pm 10/20/18Strough inducts new Junior Honor Society members
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Mohawk Valley Water Authority considering rate hike
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Old-fashioned fireplace saves home from burning
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Truck driver gets three years probation for fraud
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Psychiatric Center worker accused of wage theft
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Debate Oct. 30 between Assembly 119 candidates
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Unemployment rate declines in region
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Hours extended at Board of Elections
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Cinema Capitol to host ‘out of this world’ double feature