Pair accused of welfare fraud in Madison County
WAMPSVILLE — Madison County Sheriff’s Office investigators charged two local residents today with welfare fraud.
Douglas J. Krueger, 40, of Hamilton, was charged with third-degree welfare fraud and third-degree grand larceny, both class D felonies, as well as first-degree offering a false instrument for filing, a class E felony, according to local law enforcers.
An investigation revealed that Krueger knowingly submitted false documentation to the Madison County Department of Social Services indicating he was unemployed when he was employed and earning an income.
Investigators said Krueger was paid $5,552 in public assistance benefits between Feb. 1, and Sept. 30, 2017 that he would not have received if he had not falsified the documentation.
Krueger was arraigned at Lenox Town Court and released on his own recognizance, the authorities added.
Veronica E. Ferguson, 72, of Eaton, was charged with third-degree welfare fraud, third-degree grand larceny and first-degree offering a false instrument for filing, the law enforcement
Investigators said Ferguson knowingly submitted false documentation to the Madison County Department of Social Services indicating that she lived alone when she actually resided with her husband.
Ferguson was paid $4,694 in public assistance benefits between Nov. 23, 2015 and Jan. 31, 2018 that she would not have received if she had not falsified the documentation, investigators said.
Ferguson was arraigned in Lenox Town Court and released on her own recognizance to re-appear.
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Rainy days are here again
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Ex-Sherrill resident lands ‘dream’ NASA internship
- 4:00pm 07/21/1825 RFA graduates honored with Dyett Fund grants
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Assembly candidates McEvoy, Bova file signatures
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Holland Patent Central School Class of 1968 marks 50-year reunion
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Meetings — Monday, July 23, 2018
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Lot sale approved for new Eye Care Center of Rome
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Sherrill expands tobacco use restrictions
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Guilty plea in Utica homicide
- 4:00pm 07/21/18Pair arrested in string of New Hartford thefts