Oneida woman charged with rape
CITY OF ONEIDA — A 41-year-old woman is accused of having sex with a preteen child over the course of two years in Madison County.
Police said Carlean Cumber (Christman), 41, of Oneida, had repeated sexual contact and intercourse with a child less than 13-years-old over the course of two years in Oneida. Following an investigation, Cumber was taken into custody on Saturday.
Cumber is charged with one count each of predatory sexual assault against a child, a class A-2 felony, first-degree rape, first-degree criminal sexual act and first-degree course of sexual conduct, all class B felonies, police stated. She was arraigned in City Court and was sent to county jail in lieu of $20,000 cash bail or $30,000 bond.
She is scheduled to reappear in court.
- 11:30am 10/20/18Rome native helps save family on Taconic State Parkway
- 4:01pm 10/19/18Morning accident in Rome snarled morning traffic
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Express Employment Professionals First Dollar of Profit
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Alexis Jones, founder of I Am That Girl, to speak at MVCC
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Help available to update, change Medicare plans
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Westmoreland’s ‘most mysterious locale’ open to public tonight
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Take Back the Night event for Domestic Violence Awareness Month in Rome
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Adults ticketed after ECOs say teens hunting illegally
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Driver injured, ticketed in crash
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Threat at school leads to investigation