Oneida woman charged with rape
CITY OF ONEIDA — A 41-year-old woman is accused of having sex with a preteen child over the course of two years in Madison County.
Police said Carlean Cumber (Christman), 41, of Oneida, had repeated sexual contact and intercourse with a child less than 13-years-old over the course of two years in Oneida. Following an investigation, Cumber was taken into custody on Saturday.
Cumber is charged with one count each of predatory sexual assault against a child, a class A-2 felony, first-degree rape, first-degree criminal sexual act and first-degree course of sexual conduct, all class B felonies, police stated. She was arraigned in City Court and was sent to county jail in lieu of $20,000 cash bail or $30,000 bond.
She is scheduled to reappear in court.
- 4:00pm 08/18/18RACC wraps up Artletics program
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Former Roman named president of state Funeral Directors Association
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Public hearing on tax levy in Oneida on Tuesday
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Planet Fitness in Rome to completely modernize and remodel
- 4:00pm 08/18/18RPD holds Kops 4 Kids cookout
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Firemen's Field named after Prosser
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Adirondack Scenic Railroad launches rail bike excursions
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Madison County deputies probe fatal crash
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Crash sends three to hospital as driver tries to avoid deer
- 4:00pm 08/18/18AmeriCU honored with award