Oneida woman charged with rape
CITY OF ONEIDA — A 41-year-old woman is accused of having sex with a preteen child over the course of two years in Madison County.
Police said Carlean Cumber (Christman), 41, of Oneida, had repeated sexual contact and intercourse with a child less than 13-years-old over the course of two years in Oneida. Following an investigation, Cumber was taken into custody on Saturday.
Cumber is charged with one count each of predatory sexual assault against a child, a class A-2 felony, first-degree rape, first-degree criminal sexual act and first-degree course of sexual conduct, all class B felonies, police stated. She was arraigned in City Court and was sent to county jail in lieu of $20,000 cash bail or $30,000 bond.
She is scheduled to reappear in court.
- 4:10pm 05/25/18Rome Elks use unique fundraiser to aid area vets
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Amber Alert issued for 14-month-old
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Defendant in UC threat case charged with theft
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Motorcyclist charged after nearly year-long investigation into New Hartford accident
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Sylvan Beach, county finalizing plan to close unsupervised swimming area
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Pair of anglers accused of breaking fishing limits
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Steel workers union endorses Brindisi for Congress
- 4:00pm 05/25/18City casts net again for rescheduled fishing derby
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Community Bank donates $10,000 to Rome Hospital Foundation
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Turning Stone names new director of nightlife