Oneida Police apprehend fugitive
ONEIDA — A fugitive was apprehended and charged with possessing drugs and manufacturing methamphetamine Tuesday.
Oneida Police said they along with state Parole Officers located Nicholas Salay, 29, in an apartment located at 335 Stone St. While speaking with Salay, officers said they noticed items that would be consistent with the possession, use and manufacturing of methamphetamine.
Investigators were called to the scene and confirmed the presence of materials used to make the drug. It was also determined that certain materials were hazardous in their current state, and therefore the entire building was evacuated as a precaution, police said.
The state Contaminated Crime Scene Emergency Response Team was contacted and also responded to the scene, as well as Oneida Fire Department.
During the course of the investigation, and subsequent search warrant, police and CCSERT officers located evidence consistent with the unlawful manufacture of methamphetamine.
Salay was then charged with the following: third-degree unlawful manufacturing of methamphetamine, a class D felony; criminal possession of precursors to methamphetamine, a class E felony; second-degree criminal possession of methamphetamine manufacturing materials, a class A misdemeanor; seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, a class A misdemeanor; and second-degree criminally using drug paraphernalia, also a class A misdemeanor.
Salay was arraigned in City Court and sent to Madison County Jail without bail. A parole violation warrant was also lodged, police said.
- 4:00pm 08/18/18RACC wraps up Artletics program
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Former Roman named president of state Funeral Directors Association
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Public hearing on tax levy in Oneida on Tuesday
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Planet Fitness in Rome to completely modernize and remodel
- 4:00pm 08/18/18RPD holds Kops 4 Kids cookout
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Firemen's Field named after Prosser
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Adirondack Scenic Railroad launches rail bike excursions
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Madison County deputies probe fatal crash
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Crash sends three to hospital as driver tries to avoid deer
- 4:00pm 08/18/18AmeriCU honored with award