Oneida man faces sex abuse charge
An Oneida man was charged with sexually abusing a child in Yorkville five years ago.
Jake William Meyers, 23, was taken into custody Monday at his home by Rome Police Detective Edwin A. D’Alessandro and Sheriff’s Inv. Melissa Bolton. According to D’Alessandro, a lengthy investigation revealed that Meyers sexually abused a girl under the age of 11 at a home in Yorkville back in 2013. Meyers was charged with first-degree sexual abuse, a class D felony. He was processed and arraigned at the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office in Whitestown.
Additional charges are pending, D’Alessandro said.
D’Alessandro said bail was recommended by the Oneida County District Attorney’s Office in the amount of $10,000. An order of protection was also issued for the victim.
The victim has been offered counseling through the county Child Advocacy Center.
- 4:10pm 09/18/18Talk early about dementia
- 4:00pm 09/18/18Feds expect to add bite to funding bill to fight Lyme disease
- 4:00pm 09/18/18Test drives to benefit programs at schools
- 4:00pm 09/18/18Elks Lodge to host craft fair
- 4:00pm 09/18/18Journal names local business to Best Places to Work in Central NY list
- 4:00pm 09/18/18Boonville VFW to hold Bike-A-Thon to aid program for veterans
- 4:00pm 09/18/18MVHS hosts events to mark National Adult Day Health Care Services Week
- 4:00pm 09/18/18Rome BOCES site launches evening HSE program
- 4:00pm 09/18/18Community Bank N.A. in Oneida promotes Matters to branch manager
- 4:00pm 09/18/18Meetings — Wednesday, Sept. 19, 2018