Oneida man faces sex abuse charge
An Oneida man was charged with sexually abusing a child in Yorkville five years ago.
Jake William Meyers, 23, was taken into custody Monday at his home by Rome Police Detective Edwin A. D’Alessandro and Sheriff’s Inv. Melissa Bolton. According to D’Alessandro, a lengthy investigation revealed that Meyers sexually abused a girl under the age of 11 at a home in Yorkville back in 2013. Meyers was charged with first-degree sexual abuse, a class D felony. He was processed and arraigned at the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office in Whitestown.
Additional charges are pending, D’Alessandro said.
D’Alessandro said bail was recommended by the Oneida County District Attorney’s Office in the amount of $10,000. An order of protection was also issued for the victim.
The victim has been offered counseling through the county Child Advocacy Center.
- 4:10pm 05/24/18Sylvan Beach gears up for sun, fun
- 4:00pm 05/24/18Dairy farmers share concerns with county officials at forum
- 4:00pm 05/24/18French and Indian War Weekend returns to Fort Stanwix
- 4:00pm 05/24/18City reaches five-year pact with police union
- 4:00pm 05/24/18Kirkland Bird Club to offer hike
- 4:00pm 05/24/18Great Swamp to host free event with expert angler
- 4:00pm 05/24/18Patrols to be out in force Memorial Day weekend
- 4:00pm 05/24/18Movies — May 24, 2018
- 4:00pm 05/24/18Holy Cross Academy celebrates 20 years of service, educating area youth
- 4:00pm 05/24/18Red Cross installs over 900 smoke alarms