Oneida man faces sex abuse charge
An Oneida man was charged with sexually abusing a child in Yorkville five years ago.
Jake William Meyers, 23, was taken into custody Monday at his home by Rome Police Detective Edwin A. D’Alessandro and Sheriff’s Inv. Melissa Bolton. According to D’Alessandro, a lengthy investigation revealed that Meyers sexually abused a girl under the age of 11 at a home in Yorkville back in 2013. Meyers was charged with first-degree sexual abuse, a class D felony. He was processed and arraigned at the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office in Whitestown.
Additional charges are pending, D’Alessandro said.
D’Alessandro said bail was recommended by the Oneida County District Attorney’s Office in the amount of $10,000. An order of protection was also issued for the victim.
The victim has been offered counseling through the county Child Advocacy Center.
- 4:10pm 07/17/18$9M swift water rescue training center opens in Whitestown
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Goat Yoga is baaaaack at Fort Rickey
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Man accused of having sex with underage girl
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Camden schools to establish two special patrol officers
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Police outline Law Enforcement Day schedule
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Coupons for seniors offered Friday at Farmer’s Market
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Event to raise funds for R-CATS
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Bellamy Community Awards names master of ceremonies
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Meetings — Wednesday, July 18, 2018
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Public Safety Logs —July 17, 2018