Oneida man faces sex abuse charge
An Oneida man was charged with sexually abusing a child in Yorkville five years ago.
Jake William Meyers, 23, was taken into custody Monday at his home by Rome Police Detective Edwin A. D’Alessandro and Sheriff’s Inv. Melissa Bolton. According to D’Alessandro, a lengthy investigation revealed that Meyers sexually abused a girl under the age of 11 at a home in Yorkville back in 2013. Meyers was charged with first-degree sexual abuse, a class D felony. He was processed and arraigned at the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office in Whitestown.
Additional charges are pending, D’Alessandro said.
D’Alessandro said bail was recommended by the Oneida County District Attorney’s Office in the amount of $10,000. An order of protection was also issued for the victim.
The victim has been offered counseling through the county Child Advocacy Center.
- 11:58am 10/17/18Candidates square off in forum
- 4:00pm 10/16/18County, Oneida Nation, libraries team up to get books in bassinets
- 4:00pm 10/16/18NBT Bank announces new vice president
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Event to aid animal rescue group
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Get a reusable goodies bag for trick-or-treating
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Good Buy Bazaar this weekend at St. Peter’s
- 4:00pm 10/16/18State offers up to $50K to help new farmers expand or improve their operations
- 4:00pm 10/16/18NAACP’s Freedom Fund event Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Turning Stone boutiques set grand opening for Nov. 1
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Madison County increases price of Solid Waste Punch Cards