Oneida man faces charges in pair of incidents
ONEIDA — A 59-year-old man is facing multiple charges after law enforcers said he was involved in two separate violent encounters in Madison County.
Police said Jerry L. Durr, of 370 Lenox Ave., was intoxicated both times. Acting Police Chief Paul Thompson said the department had received several complaints over the weekend about an intoxicated Durr harassing people, making loud noises and committing quality of life violations — but none of those complaints rose to the need for an arrest, he stated.
Very early Monday morning, Thompson said that a neighbor in Durr’s building confronted him about playing loud music. Police said Durr choked the neighbor, while a child was present.
Durr was released on an appearance ticket at the time on two counts of menacing and one count each of criminal obstruction of breathing and endangering the welfare of a child, authorities stated.
At about 11 p.m. Tuesday, police said Durr went to a different building and confronted several acquaintances. Police said Durr entered their home and threatened them with a weapon, believed to be a pipe. When these victims tried to call for help, police said Durr grabbed their cell phone and stomped on it.
Authorities said Durr shoved the residents and then fought with police officers when they arrived on the scene.
Durr was taken into custody on charges of second-degree burglary, second-degree harassment, fourth-degree mischief, fourth-degree possession of a weapon and resisting arrest, police stated.
Durr was arraigned in City Court and was sent to county jail without bail.
He is scheduled to reappear in court.
- 4:10pm 04/21/18Business owners, developers show support for downtown hospital
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Rome Twigs installs officers, honors members
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Rome Clean and Green to host second annual Good Clean Fun Mud Run
- 4:00pm 04/21/18LMV to hold 28th annual graduation ceremony
- 4:00pm 04/21/18MVCC to host Information Session
- 4:00pm 04/21/18VVS garage sale slated for April 28
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Six represent Oneida County at 4-H Horse Bowl
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Herkimer man accused of sexual abuse
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Movies — April 21, 2018
- 4:00pm 04/21/18Schenectady man charged with DWI in ATV crash