One hurt, ticket issued in Marcy collision
TOWN OF MARCY — One driver was hospitalized, the other ticketed, following a rear-ending on River Road Sunday night, members of the Oneida County Sheriff’s Department said.
Sheriff’s deputies said Julia Ollerenshaw, of Marcy, was traveling eastbound behind Kristine Lyktey, of Utica, on River Road at 10:15 p.m.
Deputies said Lyktey applied the brakes for an upcoming red-light at the intersection with SUNY Parkway, and Ollerenshaw’s vehicle rear-ended
Lyktey was taken to a local hospital for evaluation, and Ollerenshaw was ticketed for
following too closely, authorities stated.
- 4:00pm 02/23/18No. 2 on sheriff’s Most Wanted List in custody
- 4:00pm 02/23/18Herkimer man accused of attempting to conceal wife’s body in kitchen
- 4:00pm 02/23/18Tops surpasses goal, raising over 3 million meals for those in need
- 4:00pm 02/23/18Moonlight Trail Walk Saturday at Delta Lake
- 4:00pm 02/23/18State flu report shows illness’ surge may be ebbing
- 4:00pm 02/23/18Apply by Monday for Civilian Police Academy
- 4:00pm 02/23/18Rome Lab director announces he’s leaving
- 4:00pm 02/23/18Large pool of candidates for elementary principal positions
- 4:00pm 02/23/18Believe 271 Foundation to offer scholarship
- 4:00pm 02/23/18Relay for Life of the North Country to host kickoff event March 7