One hurt, ticket issued in Marcy collision
TOWN OF MARCY — One driver was hospitalized, the other ticketed, following a rear-ending on River Road Sunday night, members of the Oneida County Sheriff’s Department said.
Sheriff’s deputies said Julia Ollerenshaw, of Marcy, was traveling eastbound behind Kristine Lyktey, of Utica, on River Road at 10:15 p.m.
Deputies said Lyktey applied the brakes for an upcoming red-light at the intersection with SUNY Parkway, and Ollerenshaw’s vehicle rear-ended
Lyktey was taken to a local hospital for evaluation, and Ollerenshaw was ticketed for
following too closely, authorities stated.
- 4:10pm 11/21/17Holiday travelers to see lower gas prices
- 4:00pm 11/21/17County executive helps to raise awareness for Giving Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/21/17Area road construction projects linger on
- 4:00pm 11/21/17Officials secure $250K for Chenango Road Bridge
- 4:00pm 11/21/17Getting ready for Rome’s Christmas tree lighting ceremony
- 4:00pm 11/21/17Nurses contract, resource officer position before county board
- 4:00pm 11/21/17School district outlines ‘snow day’ policy, procedures
- 4:00pm 11/21/17Rome man, 33, charged with choking girlfriend
- 4:00pm 11/21/17Sauquoit man succumbs to injuries in Herkimer County
- 4:00pm 11/21/17Two sent to federal prison on meth charges