One hurt, ticket issued in Marcy collision
TOWN OF MARCY — One driver was hospitalized, the other ticketed, following a rear-ending on River Road Sunday night, members of the Oneida County Sheriff’s Department said.
Sheriff’s deputies said Julia Ollerenshaw, of Marcy, was traveling eastbound behind Kristine Lyktey, of Utica, on River Road at 10:15 p.m.
Deputies said Lyktey applied the brakes for an upcoming red-light at the intersection with SUNY Parkway, and Ollerenshaw’s vehicle rear-ended
Lyktey was taken to a local hospital for evaluation, and Ollerenshaw was ticketed for
following too closely, authorities stated.
- 11:54am 07/28/17DEC eyes unusual foam in Floyd creek
- 4:10pm 07/27/17Company says it plans repairs for Erie Canal Village
- 4:00pm 07/27/17City takes down tree at Justice Center
- 4:00pm 07/27/17Forum for Oriskany finalist on Tuesday
- 4:00pm 07/27/17Midway adds thrills and fun to Boonville-Oneida County Fair
- 4:00pm 07/27/17State approves low-cost power for Alder Creek Beverages
- 4:00pm 07/27/17Economic development group hears request for incentives for housing project
- 4:00pm 07/27/17Demolition begins at former Woodhaven complex
- 4:00pm 07/27/17Pit bull euthanized after biting toddler on Floyd Ave.