One hurt, ticket issued in Marcy collision
TOWN OF MARCY — One driver was hospitalized, the other ticketed, following a rear-ending on River Road Sunday night, members of the Oneida County Sheriff’s Department said.
Sheriff’s deputies said Julia Ollerenshaw, of Marcy, was traveling eastbound behind Kristine Lyktey, of Utica, on River Road at 10:15 p.m.
Deputies said Lyktey applied the brakes for an upcoming red-light at the intersection with SUNY Parkway, and Ollerenshaw’s vehicle rear-ended
Lyktey was taken to a local hospital for evaluation, and Ollerenshaw was ticketed for
following too closely, authorities stated.
- 4:10pm 04/25/18Capital improvements project underway at Oriskany Central School
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Pair of Lincoln residents charged with cooking meth
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Area unemployment rate up compared to March 2017
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Ballot lines decided for Tenney, Brindisi
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Court clears Utica police officer in fatal shooting
- 4:00pm 04/25/18SUNY Poly to take part in ‘Yards for Yeardley’
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Turning Stone launching Thursday professional comedy series
- 4:00pm 04/25/18MVCC to host lecture by paralympian Tucker
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Pair of Oneonta residents accused of trying to scam businesses
- 4:00pm 04/25/18Meetings — Thursday, April 26, 2018