One hurt, ticket issued in Marcy collision
TOWN OF MARCY — One driver was hospitalized, the other ticketed, following a rear-ending on River Road Sunday night, members of the Oneida County Sheriff’s Department said.
Sheriff’s deputies said Julia Ollerenshaw, of Marcy, was traveling eastbound behind Kristine Lyktey, of Utica, on River Road at 10:15 p.m.
Deputies said Lyktey applied the brakes for an upcoming red-light at the intersection with SUNY Parkway, and Ollerenshaw’s vehicle rear-ended
Lyktey was taken to a local hospital for evaluation, and Ollerenshaw was ticketed for
following too closely, authorities stated.
- 4:10pm 09/23/17Strough renovation pace improves
- 4:00pm 09/23/17Griffiss remains sky-high over drone testing at airport
- 4:00pm 09/23/17State fall foliage reports to begin
- 4:00pm 09/23/17Defendant rejects plea; trial in January on bank robbery
- 4:00pm 09/23/17MVCC to host info sessions
- 4:00pm 09/23/17Remsen Barn Festival of the Arts underway
- 4:00pm 09/23/17Madison County woman charged with welfare fraud
- 4:00pm 09/23/17Community Health Awards offered to nonprofits
- 4:00pm 09/23/17Meetings — Monday, Sept. 25, 2017
- 4:00pm 09/23/17Halloween on Griffo Green set for Oct. 27