One driver hospitalized in crash
TOWN OF FLOYD — One driver was hospitalized after a three-vehicle collision at the intersection of Koenig Road and Route 365 late Monday night.
Sheriff’s deputies said Rita Giangarra, 46, of Chenango Forks, Broome County, was southbound on Camroden Road shortly before midnight when she ran a stop sign and her 2004 Buick Rendezvous was struck by an eastbound 2008 Chevy pickup.
Deputies said the collision pushed the Buick into a 2015 Subaru, which was northbound on Koenig Road.
Giangarra was transported to Rome Memorial Hospital for chest pain, authorities said. She was ticketed for failure to stop at the stop sign and is scheduled to appear in Town Court on May 30.
The driver of the pickup truck, Edward Cutler, 45, of Taberg, was treated at the scene for leg pain, along with his passenger, 42-year-old James Nestle, deputies stated. The driver of the Subaru, Bethany Walker, 30, of Holland Patent, was not injured, deputies said.
- 4:00pm 05/24/17City outlines next steps for Woodhaven
- 4:00pm 05/24/17Area officials see pain in proposed federal spending cuts
- 4:00pm 05/24/17Vietnam Veterans to be honored at luncheon Saturday at MVCC
- 4:00pm 05/24/17Area jobless rate falls slightly
- 4:00pm 05/24/17Meetings — May 25, 2017
- 4:00pm 05/24/17DWI crackdown this weekend
- 4:00pm 05/24/17With focus on expansion into U.S. marketplace, company aims to have Marcy facility online by April
- 4:00pm 05/24/17Westernville teen earns Eagle Scout designation
- 4:00pm 05/24/17Don’t throw away your shot, Hamilton grads urged
- 4:00pm 05/24/17Pair at SUNY Poly’s Marcy campus receive awards for excellence