One driver hospitalized in crash
TOWN OF FLOYD — One driver was hospitalized after a three-vehicle collision at the intersection of Koenig Road and Route 365 late Monday night.
Sheriff’s deputies said Rita Giangarra, 46, of Chenango Forks, Broome County, was southbound on Camroden Road shortly before midnight when she ran a stop sign and her 2004 Buick Rendezvous was struck by an eastbound 2008 Chevy pickup.
Deputies said the collision pushed the Buick into a 2015 Subaru, which was northbound on Koenig Road.
Giangarra was transported to Rome Memorial Hospital for chest pain, authorities said. She was ticketed for failure to stop at the stop sign and is scheduled to appear in Town Court on May 30.
The driver of the pickup truck, Edward Cutler, 45, of Taberg, was treated at the scene for leg pain, along with his passenger, 42-year-old James Nestle, deputies stated. The driver of the Subaru, Bethany Walker, 30, of Holland Patent, was not injured, deputies said.
- 4:10pm 02/20/18Local students aid hurricane victims
- 4:01pm 02/20/18State, city to monitor flooding situation
- 4:01pm 02/20/18Threat against RFA investigated
- 4:00pm 02/20/18BOCES students among regional winners
- 4:00pm 02/20/18Meetings — Wednesday, Feb. 21, 2018
- 4:00pm 02/20/18Cartoon Madness this week at the Capitol
- 4:00pm 02/20/18MVCC to screen animated film ‘Coco’ Saturday
- 4:00pm 02/20/18Oneida County tax deadline Feb. 28
- 4:00pm 02/20/18Roman charged with menacing
- 4:00pm 02/20/18Tenney to make re-elect announcement March 3