One driver hospitalized in crash
TOWN OF FLOYD — One driver was hospitalized after a three-vehicle collision at the intersection of Koenig Road and Route 365 late Monday night.
Sheriff’s deputies said Rita Giangarra, 46, of Chenango Forks, Broome County, was southbound on Camroden Road shortly before midnight when she ran a stop sign and her 2004 Buick Rendezvous was struck by an eastbound 2008 Chevy pickup.
Deputies said the collision pushed the Buick into a 2015 Subaru, which was northbound on Koenig Road.
Giangarra was transported to Rome Memorial Hospital for chest pain, authorities said. She was ticketed for failure to stop at the stop sign and is scheduled to appear in Town Court on May 30.
The driver of the pickup truck, Edward Cutler, 45, of Taberg, was treated at the scene for leg pain, along with his passenger, 42-year-old James Nestle, deputies stated. The driver of the Subaru, Bethany Walker, 30, of Holland Patent, was not injured, deputies said.
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Charged in Sunoco robbery
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Rome school district honored with Best Communities for Music Education designation
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Seasonal Sports to replace damaged sign at Bobby Page Memorial Fields
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Fire destroys garage in Lee Center
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Utica College student accused of threats offered plea deal
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Utica College to hold special ed open house Wednesday
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Rome Clean and Green to participate for 20th year in Keep America Beautiful Great American Clean Up
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Local jobless rate falls
- 4:00pm 04/20/18Holland Patent receives school safety award
- 4:00pm 04/20/18SUNY Poly to host Mohawk Valley Mini Maker Faire