One driver hospitalized in crash
TOWN OF FLOYD — One driver was hospitalized after a three-vehicle collision at the intersection of Koenig Road and Route 365 late Monday night.
Sheriff’s deputies said Rita Giangarra, 46, of Chenango Forks, Broome County, was southbound on Camroden Road shortly before midnight when she ran a stop sign and her 2004 Buick Rendezvous was struck by an eastbound 2008 Chevy pickup.
Deputies said the collision pushed the Buick into a 2015 Subaru, which was northbound on Koenig Road.
Giangarra was transported to Rome Memorial Hospital for chest pain, authorities said. She was ticketed for failure to stop at the stop sign and is scheduled to appear in Town Court on May 30.
The driver of the pickup truck, Edward Cutler, 45, of Taberg, was treated at the scene for leg pain, along with his passenger, 42-year-old James Nestle, deputies stated. The driver of the Subaru, Bethany Walker, 30, of Holland Patent, was not injured, deputies said.
- 4:00pm 08/19/17Mortgage Research Center pays restitution, fine in conduct home closing cost case
- 4:00pm 08/19/17Tenney urges president to continue to denounce racial hatred
- 4:00pm 08/19/17School district eyes savings of nearly $575,000
- 4:00pm 08/19/17Utica man faces weapons, multiple other charges after traffic stop
- 4:00pm 08/19/17Deerfield Place cuts ribbon on new apartment, townhouse complex in Utica
- 4:00pm 08/19/17Capitol to hold auditions for musical
- 4:00pm 08/19/17DOT reminds motorists to expect lane changes, watch for flaggers
- 4:00pm 08/19/17Pair of local food trucks to compete at State Fair
- 4:00pm 08/19/17Movies — Aug. 19, 2017
- 1:00pm 08/19/17Fire causes extensive smoke damage at William St. residence