One driver hospitalized in crash
TOWN OF FLOYD — One driver was hospitalized after a three-vehicle collision at the intersection of Koenig Road and Route 365 late Monday night.
Sheriff’s deputies said Rita Giangarra, 46, of Chenango Forks, Broome County, was southbound on Camroden Road shortly before midnight when she ran a stop sign and her 2004 Buick Rendezvous was struck by an eastbound 2008 Chevy pickup.
Deputies said the collision pushed the Buick into a 2015 Subaru, which was northbound on Koenig Road.
Giangarra was transported to Rome Memorial Hospital for chest pain, authorities said. She was ticketed for failure to stop at the stop sign and is scheduled to appear in Town Court on May 30.
The driver of the pickup truck, Edward Cutler, 45, of Taberg, was treated at the scene for leg pain, along with his passenger, 42-year-old James Nestle, deputies stated. The driver of the Subaru, Bethany Walker, 30, of Holland Patent, was not injured, deputies said.
- 4:00pm 06/28/17Strough project enters key phase with roof installation
- 4:00pm 06/28/17More than 550 lauded for completing BOCES programs
- 4:00pm 06/28/17Sprucing up
- 4:00pm 06/28/17Medical research facility begins $2.75M renovation
- 4:00pm 06/28/17Police probe downtown Utica bank robbery
- 4:00pm 06/28/17Lions Club installs officers
- 4:00pm 06/28/17Rome Catholic School third-grader receives Peter Fabrizio Scholarship
- 4:00pm 06/28/17Ex-Barneveld man gets 33 months in federal prison
- 4:00pm 06/28/17More accountability sought from feds for veterans services, assistance
- 4:00pm 06/28/17VVS Board of Education to hold organizational meeting July 5