One driver hospitalized in crash
TOWN OF FLOYD — One driver was hospitalized after a three-vehicle collision at the intersection of Koenig Road and Route 365 late Monday night.
Sheriff’s deputies said Rita Giangarra, 46, of Chenango Forks, Broome County, was southbound on Camroden Road shortly before midnight when she ran a stop sign and her 2004 Buick Rendezvous was struck by an eastbound 2008 Chevy pickup.
Deputies said the collision pushed the Buick into a 2015 Subaru, which was northbound on Koenig Road.
Giangarra was transported to Rome Memorial Hospital for chest pain, authorities said. She was ticketed for failure to stop at the stop sign and is scheduled to appear in Town Court on May 30.
The driver of the pickup truck, Edward Cutler, 45, of Taberg, was treated at the scene for leg pain, along with his passenger, 42-year-old James Nestle, deputies stated. The driver of the Subaru, Bethany Walker, 30, of Holland Patent, was not injured, deputies said.
- 4:10pm 10/17/17Partnership is a knockout for region, officials say
- 4:00pm 10/17/17Murder suspect due to return by end of the month
- 4:00pm 10/17/17Oneida County weighs joining lawsuit against drug companies
- 4:00pm 10/17/17Defense points to victim’s son
- 4:00pm 10/17/17Filings show hefty war chests in 22nd district race
- 4:00pm 10/17/17Road work continues on Route 825
- 4:00pm 10/17/17Rome man faces drunk driving charge
- 4:00pm 10/17/17Board of Ed committee to begin discussions on service contracts Thursday
- 4:00pm 10/17/17State surplus vehicle auction set in Oneida
- 4:00pm 10/17/17Food Network star coming to MVCC