FATAL ACCIDENT — At least one person is dead following a collision between a tractor trailer and a motor vehicle at the intersection of Route 233 and Sutliff Road this morning. The Sheriff’s Office is investigating. (Sentinel photo by Sean Mills)
One dead in Route 233 car accident
WESTMORELAND — At least one person is dead following a motor vehicle accident on Route 233 at Sutliff Road this morning.
The Sheriff’s Office is investigating. Authorities on the scene said a tractor trailer collided with a motor vehicle at the intersection at about 10:40 a.m. The identities of those involved were not immediately released.
The crash occurred near the Camelot Village. The intersection is controlled by a traffic light. The speed limit on Route 233 is 55 mph.
The Sheriff’s Office is expected to release more information later today.
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Pair vie for seat on Lee Town Board
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Woman charged with slashing man during dispute
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Man charged with assault after smashed glass cuts child
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Two charged, two sought in Oneida home invasion
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Nuns on the Bus to make stop outside Tenney office
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Man accused of attacks on girlfriend, wandering into W. Liberty St. home
- 4:00pm 10/22/18District, Birnie Bus near launch of bus tracking app
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Meetings — Tuesday, Oct. 23, 2018
- 4:00pm 10/22/18SUNY Potsdam names Rome native and RFA grad as new vice president for advancement
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Union endorses McEvoy in 101st district