FATAL ACCIDENT — At least one person is dead following a collision between a tractor trailer and a motor vehicle at the intersection of Route 233 and Sutliff Road this morning. The Sheriff’s Office is investigating. (Sentinel photo by Sean Mills)
One dead in Route 233 car accident
WESTMORELAND — At least one person is dead following a motor vehicle accident on Route 233 at Sutliff Road this morning.
The Sheriff’s Office is investigating. Authorities on the scene said a tractor trailer collided with a motor vehicle at the intersection at about 10:40 a.m. The identities of those involved were not immediately released.
The crash occurred near the Camelot Village. The intersection is controlled by a traffic light. The speed limit on Route 233 is 55 mph.
The Sheriff’s Office is expected to release more information later today.
- 4:00pm 08/18/18RACC wraps up Artletics program
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Former Roman named president of state Funeral Directors Association
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Public hearing on tax levy in Oneida on Tuesday
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Planet Fitness in Rome to completely modernize and remodel
- 4:00pm 08/18/18RPD holds Kops 4 Kids cookout
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Firemen's Field named after Prosser
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Adirondack Scenic Railroad launches rail bike excursions
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Madison County deputies probe fatal crash
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Crash sends three to hospital as driver tries to avoid deer
- 4:00pm 08/18/18AmeriCU honored with award