No diesel spilled in tanker crash
TOWN OF PARIS — No diesel was spilled when a tanker truck was hit by another vehicle on Route 8 Tuesday morning.
Sheriff’s deputies said James Newey, 44, of Rome, was northbound at about 8:40 a.m. when he lost control of his 2007 Dodge taxi van and swerved into the southbound lane.
Deputies said Newey’s van hit the rear portion of a tanker truck.
Even though the tanker took significant damage, authorities said none of the 7,500 gallons of diesel fuel were spilled.
Deputies said the snow-covered roadway and unsafe speeds were factors in the crash. Newey was ticketed for failure to maintain lane and is scheduled to appear in Town Court. No one was injured, authorities stated.
- 4:10pm 02/17/18Jervis Public Library acknowledges fourth quarter donations, gifts
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Students honored for demonstrating outstanding character
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Rome district to begin Pre-K registration Feb. 26
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Meetings — Monday, Feb. 19, 2018
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Man gets 90 months in prison in child porn case
- 4:00pm 02/17/18DWI charge in Lowville crash
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Public Safety Logs — Feb. 17, 2018
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Movies — Feb. 17, 2018
- 12:00pm 02/17/18Attendance more than doubles at Verona Beach State Park, officials report
- 11:30am 02/17/18New York offers free fishing weekend and ice fishing clinic