No diesel spilled in tanker crash
TOWN OF PARIS — No diesel was spilled when a tanker truck was hit by another vehicle on Route 8 Tuesday morning.
Sheriff’s deputies said James Newey, 44, of Rome, was northbound at about 8:40 a.m. when he lost control of his 2007 Dodge taxi van and swerved into the southbound lane.
Deputies said Newey’s van hit the rear portion of a tanker truck.
Even though the tanker took significant damage, authorities said none of the 7,500 gallons of diesel fuel were spilled.
Deputies said the snow-covered roadway and unsafe speeds were factors in the crash. Newey was ticketed for failure to maintain lane and is scheduled to appear in Town Court. No one was injured, authorities stated.
- 4:00pm 08/18/18RACC wraps up Artletics program
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Former Roman named president of state Funeral Directors Association
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Public hearing on tax levy in Oneida on Tuesday
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Planet Fitness in Rome to completely modernize and remodel
- 4:00pm 08/18/18RPD holds Kops 4 Kids cookout
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Firemen's Field named after Prosser
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Adirondack Scenic Railroad launches rail bike excursions
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Madison County deputies probe fatal crash
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Crash sends three to hospital as driver tries to avoid deer
- 4:00pm 08/18/18AmeriCU honored with award