No diesel spilled in tanker crash
TOWN OF PARIS — No diesel was spilled when a tanker truck was hit by another vehicle on Route 8 Tuesday morning.
Sheriff’s deputies said James Newey, 44, of Rome, was northbound at about 8:40 a.m. when he lost control of his 2007 Dodge taxi van and swerved into the southbound lane.
Deputies said Newey’s van hit the rear portion of a tanker truck.
Even though the tanker took significant damage, authorities said none of the 7,500 gallons of diesel fuel were spilled.
Deputies said the snow-covered roadway and unsafe speeds were factors in the crash. Newey was ticketed for failure to maintain lane and is scheduled to appear in Town Court. No one was injured, authorities stated.
- 4:00pm 11/15/18City's Board of Estimate to hold special meeting
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Board, groups meet to discuss minority concerns
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Flakes to fly; several inches of snow likely
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Oneida County lawmakers approve budget without gaming revenue sharing
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Nursing facility donates to Rescue Mission
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Rescue Mission puts out call for turkeys
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Lewis County man hospitalized after rescuing dogs from fire
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Council approves trash, dog ordinance changes
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Trailbusters to host NYS safety course
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Children can send Christmas wishes to Santa Claus