NJ man killed in Boonville snowmobile crash
BOONVILLE — A New Jersey man was killed Friday night when his snowmobile struck a concrete bridge at the intersection of Hayes Road East and Lachausse Road.
Michael Stanley, 44, of Old Tappan, was transported by Boonville Ambulance to St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica, where he was pronounced dead.
Deputies said Stanley was operating his 2015 Ski-Doo southbound on Trail C7B when he failed to negotiate a left curve at about 10:42 p.m.
He continued traveling straight, leaving the trail and striking the bridge.
Stanley suffered severe injuries as a result of the collision, deputies said.
Boonville Fire Department and state police assisted.
- 12:00pm 05/24/17Dryer blamed in New London fire; family of five displaced
- 4:10pm 05/23/17City gets grant for Haselton park pavilion
- 4:00pm 05/23/17Fort Stanwix to be surrounded once again; monument to host French and Indian War Weekend
- 4:00pm 05/23/17Local lawmakers back relief efforts for Vernon Downs
- 4:00pm 05/23/17Honoring service and sacrifice
- 4:00pm 05/23/17State Senate again takes aim at laser pointing at aircraft
- 4:00pm 05/23/17Teen charged with assault, accused of injuring adult male
- 4:00pm 05/23/17Master’s program at SUNY Poly lauded
- 4:00pm 05/23/17Utica man hospitalized after shooting
- 4:00pm 05/23/17Kay Real Estate to be honored at chamber luncheon