NJ man killed in Boonville snowmobile crash
BOONVILLE — A New Jersey man was killed Friday night when his snowmobile struck a concrete bridge at the intersection of Hayes Road East and Lachausse Road.
Michael Stanley, 44, of Old Tappan, was transported by Boonville Ambulance to St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica, where he was pronounced dead.
Deputies said Stanley was operating his 2015 Ski-Doo southbound on Trail C7B when he failed to negotiate a left curve at about 10:42 p.m.
He continued traveling straight, leaving the trail and striking the bridge.
Stanley suffered severe injuries as a result of the collision, deputies said.
Boonville Fire Department and state police assisted.
- 4:00pm 03/22/17‘School of Rock’ to take stage in Westmoreland
- 4:00pm 03/22/17Pre-K busing rolls back into school budget plan
- 4:00pm 03/22/17Pair of projects to receive incentives, tax breaks
- 4:00pm 03/22/17Incumbent first to file for school board election
- 4:00pm 03/22/17Write-in candidate wins Barneveld mayoral race by more than 2 to 1
- 4:00pm 03/22/17Clark named Officer of the Month
- 4:00pm 03/22/17Three accused of slashing tires, causing more than $250 in damages
- 4:00pm 03/22/17Stockbridge standoff ends with several charges
- 4:00pm 03/22/17Meetings — March 23, 2017
- 4:00pm 03/22/17AAA survey finds support for rear seat belt law for adults