NJ man killed in Boonville snowmobile crash
BOONVILLE — A New Jersey man was killed Friday night when his snowmobile struck a concrete bridge at the intersection of Hayes Road East and Lachausse Road.
Michael Stanley, 44, of Old Tappan, was transported by Boonville Ambulance to St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica, where he was pronounced dead.
Deputies said Stanley was operating his 2015 Ski-Doo southbound on Trail C7B when he failed to negotiate a left curve at about 10:42 p.m.
He continued traveling straight, leaving the trail and striking the bridge.
Stanley suffered severe injuries as a result of the collision, deputies said.
Boonville Fire Department and state police assisted.
- 9:00am 06/17/18Chewie takes top place in Pet Photo Contest
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Damaged helicopter had stopped at Griffiss to refuel
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Beta Sigma Phi Sorority holds ceremony, elects officers
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Earns doctorate
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Police urge drivers to look out for pedestrians at crosswalks
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Lee truck driver charged with Workers’ Compensation fraud, larceny
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Farmers Market returns downtown
- 4:00pm 06/16/18County officials hail winners at inaugural Youth Awards Dinner
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Officials investigate cause of fire in Utica
- 4:00pm 06/16/18Public Safety Logs — June 16, 2018