NJ man killed in Boonville snowmobile crash
BOONVILLE — A New Jersey man was killed Friday night when his snowmobile struck a concrete bridge at the intersection of Hayes Road East and Lachausse Road.
Michael Stanley, 44, of Old Tappan, was transported by Boonville Ambulance to St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica, where he was pronounced dead.
Deputies said Stanley was operating his 2015 Ski-Doo southbound on Trail C7B when he failed to negotiate a left curve at about 10:42 p.m.
He continued traveling straight, leaving the trail and striking the bridge.
Stanley suffered severe injuries as a result of the collision, deputies said.
Boonville Fire Department and state police assisted.
- 4:10pm 04/22/17Jury selection starts Monday in murder trial
- 4:00pm 04/22/17Marcy Nanocenter work wins award for firm
- 4:00pm 04/22/17Plan to cut parking in downtown Oneida draws concerns
- 4:00pm 04/22/17Oneida, other counties weigh public defender caseload caps, funding
- 4:00pm 04/22/17President Trump talks with Tenney’s son before six-month military deployment to Iraq
- 4:00pm 04/22/17Area job count increases by 1,200 over last year
- 4:00pm 04/22/17Crash leads to injuries, fuel spill in New Hartford
- 4:00pm 04/22/17Unattended children lead to charges
- 4:00pm 04/22/17Madison County man sold illegal bath salt drugs, deputies say
- 4:00pm 04/22/17Public Safety Logs — April 22, 2017