NJ man killed in Boonville snowmobile crash
BOONVILLE — A New Jersey man was killed Friday night when his snowmobile struck a concrete bridge at the intersection of Hayes Road East and Lachausse Road.
Michael Stanley, 44, of Old Tappan, was transported by Boonville Ambulance to St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica, where he was pronounced dead.
Deputies said Stanley was operating his 2015 Ski-Doo southbound on Trail C7B when he failed to negotiate a left curve at about 10:42 p.m.
He continued traveling straight, leaving the trail and striking the bridge.
Stanley suffered severe injuries as a result of the collision, deputies said.
Boonville Fire Department and state police assisted.
- 4:11pm 10/21/17High school students enjoy Career Day
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Rogers-Witt cites connection to district in bid for county seat
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Councilor Rogers seeking re-election in Third Ward
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Democratic poll claims Brindisi has slight lead in congressional race
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Family receives medals for World War II vet
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Homeownership declines in Oneida County
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Woman accused of kicking trooper
- 4:00pm 10/21/17AFL-CIO endorses Ball for sheriff
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Area counties receive Stop-DWI funds
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Global NY initiative representatives to visit Rome on Thursday