Near-drowning victim out of Intensive Care Unit; listed in good condition
The condition of a Rome man who nearly drowned in Delta Lake Thursday has been upgraded, according to family members.
Michael J. Mastro was transferred from Rome Memorial Hospital to St. Luke’s Hospital in New Hartford where he’s in good condition and was released from the Intensive Care Unit, the family members said.
The 56-year-old remains in the hospital recovering from the incident, the family members added.
Sheriff’s deputies said Mastro was reported to be in distress in about waist-
deep water in the marked swimming area at Delta Lake State Park at about 1:30 p.m. on Thursday.
Lifeguards and a good samaritan pulled Mastro out of the water and the lifeguard staff immediately started performing CPR, the sheriff’s department added.
- 12:00pm 11/12/18Rome man charged in fake assault claim
- 12:00pm 11/12/18Veteran's Day ceremony at Rome's Veterans Memorial Park
- 4:01pm 11/10/18Opioid suit helps county tackle old records
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Lake Delta Fire Department to host open house to thank community for support
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Historian to recount tale of WWI Lost Battalion
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Madison County to host public budget hearings
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Thank you dinner for vets Sunday
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Kirkland Library director receives ‘All-Star’ award
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Oriskany inducts 13 students into National Honor Society chapter
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Holiday basket signups start Monday at Rescue Mission