Near-drowning victim out of Intensive Care Unit; listed in good condition
The condition of a Rome man who nearly drowned in Delta Lake Thursday has been upgraded, according to family members.
Michael J. Mastro was transferred from Rome Memorial Hospital to St. Luke’s Hospital in New Hartford where he’s in good condition and was released from the Intensive Care Unit, the family members said.
The 56-year-old remains in the hospital recovering from the incident, the family members added.
Sheriff’s deputies said Mastro was reported to be in distress in about waist-
deep water in the marked swimming area at Delta Lake State Park at about 1:30 p.m. on Thursday.
Lifeguards and a good samaritan pulled Mastro out of the water and the lifeguard staff immediately started performing CPR, the sheriff’s department added.
- 4:10pm 07/17/18$9M swift water rescue training center opens in Whitestown
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Goat Yoga is baaaaack at Fort Rickey
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Man accused of having sex with underage girl
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Camden schools to establish two special patrol officers
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Police outline Law Enforcement Day schedule
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Coupons for seniors offered Friday at Farmer’s Market
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Event to raise funds for R-CATS
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Bellamy Community Awards names master of ceremonies
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Meetings — Wednesday, July 18, 2018
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Public Safety Logs —July 17, 2018