Near-drowning victim out of Intensive Care Unit; listed in good condition
The condition of a Rome man who nearly drowned in Delta Lake Thursday has been upgraded, according to family members.
Michael J. Mastro was transferred from Rome Memorial Hospital to St. Luke’s Hospital in New Hartford where he’s in good condition and was released from the Intensive Care Unit, the family members said.
The 56-year-old remains in the hospital recovering from the incident, the family members added.
Sheriff’s deputies said Mastro was reported to be in distress in about waist-
deep water in the marked swimming area at Delta Lake State Park at about 1:30 p.m. on Thursday.
Lifeguards and a good samaritan pulled Mastro out of the water and the lifeguard staff immediately started performing CPR, the sheriff’s department added.
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Super is effective, board reports
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Golf tournament, donations aid local teams
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Utica Housing Authority to host workshop for seniors
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Contractor gets support for move to new location in Whitestown
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Two accused of fraud
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Teacher in court for pre-trial hearing
- 4:00pm 09/22/18SUNY Poly receives grant to study blindness from foundation
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Accident snarls traffic at city intersection
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Water main flushing to start Tuesday in Oneida, say officals
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Meetings — Monday, Sept. 24, 2018