Motorcyclist identified in fatal Route 840 crash
NEW HARTFORD — The 47-year-old motorcyclist killed in an accident on Route 840 on Thursday has been identified as Gregory A. Penree.
Police said Penree, of New Hartford, was eastbound at about 7:38 p.m. when he exited onto the ramp to Route 5 and lost control of his motorcycle. Police said Penree was unable to regain control of the bike and he was thrown into the roadway.
Penree was rushed to St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica with serious injuries. He was pronounced dead nearly two hours later.
The investigation is continuing.
- 11:45am 08/17/18Attempted purse-snatching probed
- 11:45am 08/17/18Man accused of assault, following hit-and-run
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Zoning dispute becomes heated in Lee
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Trucker pleads guilty to lying to state in Workers’ Comp case
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Rome Police nab wanted man
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Area officials blast Cuomo comment
- 4:00pm 08/16/18City seeks applicants for arena work
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Community Foundation awards over $1.4M in grants to area organizations
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Movies — Aug. 16, 2018
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Public Safety Logs — Aug. 16, 2018