Motorcyclist identified in fatal Route 840 crash
NEW HARTFORD — The 47-year-old motorcyclist killed in an accident on Route 840 on Thursday has been identified as Gregory A. Penree.
Police said Penree, of New Hartford, was eastbound at about 7:38 p.m. when he exited onto the ramp to Route 5 and lost control of his motorcycle. Police said Penree was unable to regain control of the bike and he was thrown into the roadway.
Penree was rushed to St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica with serious injuries. He was pronounced dead nearly two hours later.
The investigation is continuing.
- 4:00pm 06/20/18Police warn drivers to obey crosswalks, lookout for pedestrians
- 4:00pm 06/20/18Police seek help to identify suspect
- 4:00pm 06/20/18Former state trooper arrested second time for drunk driving
- 4:00pm 06/20/18Officials seek to raise awareness of elder abuse
- 4:00pm 06/20/18Camden Class of 1963 to hold 55-year reunion
- 4:00pm 06/20/181973 RFA 45-year class reunion Aug. 10-11
- 4:00pm 06/20/18County Jail to receive $200,000 from state to help with opioid treatment, services
- 4:00pm 06/20/18Meetings — Thursday, June 21, 2018
- 4:00pm 06/20/18Travel Club helps students see world, expand horizons
- 4:00pm 06/20/18Public Safety Logs — June 20, 2018