Motorcyclist identified in fatal Route 840 crash
NEW HARTFORD — The 47-year-old motorcyclist killed in an accident on Route 840 on Thursday has been identified as Gregory A. Penree.
Police said Penree, of New Hartford, was eastbound at about 7:38 p.m. when he exited onto the ramp to Route 5 and lost control of his motorcycle. Police said Penree was unable to regain control of the bike and he was thrown into the roadway.
Penree was rushed to St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica with serious injuries. He was pronounced dead nearly two hours later.
The investigation is continuing.
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Clerk gets some backing from lawmakers at budget hearing
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Blood recipients winners in ‘Battle of the Badges’
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Economic panel to hold outreach meeting Oct. 25
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Rome-Area Hunger Walk steps off Sunday
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Drugged driving charged in Lewis County
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Take Back the Night Thursday at City Hall
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Syracuse Stage visits Joy Elementary
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Meetings — Thursday, Oct. 17, 2018
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Madison County man accused of welfare fraud
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Colonial Park to host tribute for its veterans