Mother charged after 4-year-old found wandering W. Embargo St.
A 30-year-old mother has been charged with a misdemeanor after law enforcers said her 4-year-old was spotted wandering alone outside.
Police said Sarah J. Thurston, of West Embargo Street, fell asleep inside her home and her 4-year-old son somehow got outside in the 100 block. Police said someone found the child and called 9-1-1 at about 10:38 a.m.
“Someone called police that there was a young child wandering the streets,” explained Captain Timothy J. Bates.
Police responded to the scene, found the boy and returned him home. Thurston is charged with one count of endangering the welfare of a child, authorities stated. She is scheduled to appear in City Court.
- 4:00pm 04/23/18Physicians Urgent Care at Griffiss to expand hours
- 4:00pm 04/23/18Madison County Courthouse time capsule contents to be on display soon
- 4:00pm 04/23/18Sale of three city-owned properties on Common Council agenda Wednesday
- 4:00pm 04/23/18Oneida woman charged with rape
- 4:00pm 04/23/18Clean and Green making Rome a better place
- 4:00pm 04/23/18Rome’s Hall named co-valedictorian at UC
- 4:00pm 04/23/18Mohawk Valley Mini Maker Faire at SUNY Poly
- 4:00pm 04/23/18Three selected to U.S. service academies
- 4:00pm 04/23/18Utica Zoo celebrates Earth Week
- 4:00pm 04/23/18Buttenschon endorsed