Mother charged after 4-year-old found wandering W. Embargo St.
A 30-year-old mother has been charged with a misdemeanor after law enforcers said her 4-year-old was spotted wandering alone outside.
Police said Sarah J. Thurston, of West Embargo Street, fell asleep inside her home and her 4-year-old son somehow got outside in the 100 block. Police said someone found the child and called 9-1-1 at about 10:38 a.m.
“Someone called police that there was a young child wandering the streets,” explained Captain Timothy J. Bates.
Police responded to the scene, found the boy and returned him home. Thurston is charged with one count of endangering the welfare of a child, authorities stated. She is scheduled to appear in City Court.
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Utica man accused of abuse of disabled child
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Westmoreland man, 33, accused of sex abuse
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Arctic cold front ready to blow in
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Capitol Theatre to host Tuba Christmas on Tuesday
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Council unveils last agenda for 2017
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Authorities: Menacing report in Floyd appears unfounded
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Wreaths to be placed Saturday on veterans’ graves
- 4:00pm 12/11/17City of Sherrill to auction surplus items
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Meetings — Tuesday, Dec. 12, 2017
- 4:00pm 12/11/17Property acquisition process starts for new downtown Utica hospital