Mother charged after 4-year-old found wandering W. Embargo St.
A 30-year-old mother has been charged with a misdemeanor after law enforcers said her 4-year-old was spotted wandering alone outside.
Police said Sarah J. Thurston, of West Embargo Street, fell asleep inside her home and her 4-year-old son somehow got outside in the 100 block. Police said someone found the child and called 9-1-1 at about 10:38 a.m.
“Someone called police that there was a young child wandering the streets,” explained Captain Timothy J. Bates.
Police responded to the scene, found the boy and returned him home. Thurston is charged with one count of endangering the welfare of a child, authorities stated. She is scheduled to appear in City Court.
- 1:00pm 06/27/17Rome man charged with possession of child pornography
- 12:00pm 06/27/17State law signing is sweet news for Mercer’s Dairy
- 4:10pm 06/26/17Bikes in Bloom to reflect mission of not-for-profits
- 4:00pm 06/26/17Brief standoff ends with charges for Rome man
- 4:00pm 06/26/17Meetings — June 27, 2017
- 4:00pm 06/26/17Remsen graduates earn honors
- 4:00pm 06/26/17Remsen marks 117th commencement
- 4:00pm 06/26/17142 receive diplomas in Oneida
- 4:00pm 06/26/17124 walk at Holland Patent Commencement