Mother charged after 4-year-old found wandering W. Embargo St.
A 30-year-old mother has been charged with a misdemeanor after law enforcers said her 4-year-old was spotted wandering alone outside.
Police said Sarah J. Thurston, of West Embargo Street, fell asleep inside her home and her 4-year-old son somehow got outside in the 100 block. Police said someone found the child and called 9-1-1 at about 10:38 a.m.
“Someone called police that there was a young child wandering the streets,” explained Captain Timothy J. Bates.
Police responded to the scene, found the boy and returned him home. Thurston is charged with one count of endangering the welfare of a child, authorities stated. She is scheduled to appear in City Court.
- 4:00pm 10/16/17Comedians to make stop in city to aid Rome Catholic School
- 4:00pm 10/16/17Comptroller: Many schools fall short on bullying
- 4:00pm 10/16/17Man faces multiple charges after crash
- 4:00pm 10/16/17Mad. Co. sheriff's accreditation
- 4:00pm 10/16/17Hennessy seeks larger slice of casino cash for host communities
- 4:00pm 10/16/17Westmoreland event to feature survivors, stories of resilience
- 4:00pm 10/16/17Rome PBA backs Giruzzi-Mosca in race for Family Court
- 4:00pm 10/16/17Plans for Griffiss to Syracuse drone corridor buzz forward
- 4:00pm 10/16/17Meetings — Tuesday, Oct. 17, 2017
- 4:00pm 10/16/17Indium looks to hire 30 workers; job fair Thursday in Utica