Mother charged after 4-year-old found wandering W. Embargo St.
A 30-year-old mother has been charged with a misdemeanor after law enforcers said her 4-year-old was spotted wandering alone outside.
Police said Sarah J. Thurston, of West Embargo Street, fell asleep inside her home and her 4-year-old son somehow got outside in the 100 block. Police said someone found the child and called 9-1-1 at about 10:38 a.m.
“Someone called police that there was a young child wandering the streets,” explained Captain Timothy J. Bates.
Police responded to the scene, found the boy and returned him home. Thurston is charged with one count of endangering the welfare of a child, authorities stated. She is scheduled to appear in City Court.
- 4:10pm 08/23/17Victim hailed as ‘loving,’ helping others
- 4:00pm 08/23/17Preschool story hour starts Sept. 11 in Remsen
- 4:00pm 08/23/17Rome man charged with rape of girl
- 4:00pm 08/23/17Rome school district sets 2017-18 tax rates
- 4:00pm 08/23/17Carbone group seeks incentives for collision, fleet sales center
- 4:00pm 08/23/17Final concert in series Monday
- 4:00pm 08/23/17Volunteers sought for flag repair
- 4:00pm 08/23/17Library to host book sale in Sherrill
- 4:00pm 08/23/17Meetings — Thursday, Aug. 24, 2017
- 4:00pm 08/23/17RFA Class of 1952 holds reunion