Mother charged after 4-year-old found wandering W. Embargo St.
A 30-year-old mother has been charged with a misdemeanor after law enforcers said her 4-year-old was spotted wandering alone outside.
Police said Sarah J. Thurston, of West Embargo Street, fell asleep inside her home and her 4-year-old son somehow got outside in the 100 block. Police said someone found the child and called 9-1-1 at about 10:38 a.m.
“Someone called police that there was a young child wandering the streets,” explained Captain Timothy J. Bates.
Police responded to the scene, found the boy and returned him home. Thurston is charged with one count of endangering the welfare of a child, authorities stated. She is scheduled to appear in City Court.
- 4:10pm 02/20/18Local students aid hurricane victims
- 4:01pm 02/20/18State, city to monitor flooding situation
- 4:01pm 02/20/18Threat against RFA investigated
- 4:00pm 02/20/18BOCES students among regional winners
- 4:00pm 02/20/18Meetings — Wednesday, Feb. 21, 2018
- 4:00pm 02/20/18Cartoon Madness this week at the Capitol
- 4:00pm 02/20/18MVCC to screen animated film ‘Coco’ Saturday
- 4:00pm 02/20/18Oneida County tax deadline Feb. 28
- 4:00pm 02/20/18Roman charged with menacing
- 4:00pm 02/20/18Tenney to make re-elect announcement March 3