Meth lab found in Whitestown
WHITESTOWN — A mobile methamphetamine lab was located on Ney Avenue Tuesday afternoon. Charges are pending.
Police said they received a tip about drug use on Ney Avenue shortly before 4 p.m. When they arrived on the scene, police said a 27-year-old man took off running. His identity has not been released by law enforcement. Police said the man was located in a nearby cemetery a short time later and was taken into custody. He was then transported to a local hospital for treatment, authorities said.
A mobile meth lab was located at the residence, police stated. The area was blocked off for several hours for the investigation.
Police said the man’s identity and any pending criminal charges will be released at a later time.
- 4:10pm 04/26/18Three to run for three seats on Board of Education
- 4:00pm 04/26/18Cuomo, ICE trade barbs over raids by federal agents
- 4:00pm 04/26/18Brindisi calls for investigations into Sprectrum cable TV, internet price hikes
- 4:00pm 04/26/18City of Rome renews beautification deal with Main Streets Alliance
- 4:00pm 04/26/18City adds $450K to UV plant contract
- 4:00pm 04/26/18Food Bank laments proposed SNAP cuts in Farm Bill
- 4:00pm 04/26/18Toddler Story Time at Jervis Public Library
- 4:00pm 04/26/18Family Fun Day scheduled at Rome campus
- 4:00pm 04/26/18Park Rx Day bike tour Sunday at Fort Stanwix
- 4:00pm 04/26/18Rome Tractor Supply to hold pet adoption event Saturday