Meth charges for trio after two ‘labs’ found in car trunk
BY SEAN I. MILLS
Three men have been charged with cooking methamphetamine after two portable meth labs were found in the trunk of their car early this morning.
Police said the vehicle was first spotted unoccupied near the South James Street bridge early this morning. The officer ran the license plate and discovered that the vehicle’s registration was suspended.
Then at about 2:15 a.m., police said the same officer spotted the vehicle driving, this time with three people inside. The car was pulled over in the 100 block of Black River Boulevard.
Police said the driver, 34-year-old Jason E. Johnston, of Floyd Avenue, gave permission to search his vehicle and told the officer there was methamphetamine in the trunk. Police said the officer discovered two active, portable meth labs in the trunk. The portable — or “one pot” method — involves mixing the volatile methamphetamine ingredients into a 2-liter bottle and letting them cook, according to the authorities.
The state police Contaminated Crime Scene Emergency Response Team was dispatched to the scene to clean out the hazardous chemicals.
Johnston and two passengers, Codilee A. Lighthall, 19, of West Thomas Street, and Daryan J. Nichols, 19, of Hillside Drive, Boonville, were all charged with third-degree manufacturing methamphetamine, a class D felony, police stated.
Johnston was additionally charged with third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation.
All three are scheduled to appear in City Court.
- 4:10pm 06/22/18Three grads at NYSSD look forward to the “adventures” of the future
- 4:00pm 06/22/18RFA graduation slated for 10 a.m.
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Harden closes again
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Drivers to get view of ‘Nature’s Wrath’
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Holland Patent High School names 2018 academic leaders
- 4:00pm 06/22/18High above Rome
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Brindisi, Tenney trade barbs on federal immigration policies
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Teen accused of having sex with underage girl
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Guatemalan at center of local controversy pleads guilty
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Man pleads guilty to production of child pornography