Maynard FD hosts synthetic opioid training program
TOWN OF MARCY — The Maynard Volunteer Fire Department is hosting a synthetic opioid training program for area firefighters today.
Fire officials said the goal of the training course is to provide critical information in how to evaluate, triage and safely decontaminate equipment and personnel who come into contact with substances suspected of containing synthetic opioids. Alan Antenucci, all hazards training coordinator from the Biodefenses and Chemical Terrorism Laboratories of the New York State Department of Health Wadsworth Center, is teaching the course.
Several first responders from area police, fire and ambulance agencies were expected to attend the training course.
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Zoning dispute becomes heated in Lee
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Trucker pleads guilty to lying to state in Workers’ Comp case
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Rome Police nab wanted man
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Area officials blast Cuomo comment
- 4:00pm 08/16/18City seeks applicants for arena work
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Community Foundation awards over $1.4M in grants to area organizations
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Movies — Aug. 16, 2018
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Public Safety Logs — Aug. 16, 2018
- 12:00pm 08/16/18District outlines new school supplies decision
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Only few small hurdles remain for Strough reopening