Maynard FD hosts synthetic opioid training program
TOWN OF MARCY — The Maynard Volunteer Fire Department is hosting a synthetic opioid training program for area firefighters today.
Fire officials said the goal of the training course is to provide critical information in how to evaluate, triage and safely decontaminate equipment and personnel who come into contact with substances suspected of containing synthetic opioids. Alan Antenucci, all hazards training coordinator from the Biodefenses and Chemical Terrorism Laboratories of the New York State Department of Health Wadsworth Center, is teaching the course.
Several first responders from area police, fire and ambulance agencies were expected to attend the training course.
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Clerk gets some backing from lawmakers at budget hearing
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Blood recipients winners in ‘Battle of the Badges’
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Economic panel to hold outreach meeting Oct. 25
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Rome-Area Hunger Walk steps off Sunday
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Drugged driving charged in Lewis County
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Take Back the Night Thursday at City Hall
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Syracuse Stage visits Joy Elementary
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Meetings — Thursday, Oct. 17, 2018
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Madison County man accused of welfare fraud
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Colonial Park to host tribute for its veterans