Kenneth R. Powell
Marcy man faces charges after meth lab found in vehicle
A Marcy man has been charged with cooking methamphetamine after a meth lab was found in his motor vehicle at the Madison Plaza Apartments late Saturday night, according to local law enforcement officials.
Police said Kenneth R. Powell, 34, of 6250 Route 291, was found in his vehicle at 11:50 p.m. after reports of suspicious activity. Police said at least one active meth lab was cooking inside Powell’s vehicle, along with the ingredients to make more.
The state police Contaminated Crime Scene Emergency Response Team responded to the scene to clean up the hazardous chemicals.
Powell is charged with one count of third-degree manufacturing meth, a class D felony, authorities said.
He is scheduled to appear in City Court, authorities said.
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Clerk gets some backing from lawmakers at budget hearing
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Blood recipients winners in ‘Battle of the Badges’
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Economic panel to hold outreach meeting Oct. 25
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Rome-Area Hunger Walk steps off Sunday
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Drugged driving charged in Lewis County
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Take Back the Night Thursday at City Hall
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Syracuse Stage visits Joy Elementary
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Meetings — Thursday, Oct. 17, 2018
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Madison County man accused of welfare fraud
- 4:00pm 10/17/18Colonial Park to host tribute for its veterans