Kenneth R. Powell
Marcy man faces charges after meth lab found in vehicle
A Marcy man has been charged with cooking methamphetamine after a meth lab was found in his motor vehicle at the Madison Plaza Apartments late Saturday night, according to local law enforcement officials.
Police said Kenneth R. Powell, 34, of 6250 Route 291, was found in his vehicle at 11:50 p.m. after reports of suspicious activity. Police said at least one active meth lab was cooking inside Powell’s vehicle, along with the ingredients to make more.
The state police Contaminated Crime Scene Emergency Response Team responded to the scene to clean up the hazardous chemicals.
Powell is charged with one count of third-degree manufacturing meth, a class D felony, authorities said.
He is scheduled to appear in City Court, authorities said.
- 4:00pm 08/18/18RACC wraps up Artletics program
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Former Roman named president of state Funeral Directors Association
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Public hearing on tax levy in Oneida on Tuesday
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Planet Fitness in Rome to completely modernize and remodel
- 4:00pm 08/18/18RPD holds Kops 4 Kids cookout
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Firemen's Field named after Prosser
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Adirondack Scenic Railroad launches rail bike excursions
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Madison County deputies probe fatal crash
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Crash sends three to hospital as driver tries to avoid deer
- 4:00pm 08/18/18AmeriCU honored with award