Kenneth R. Powell
Marcy man faces charges after meth lab found in vehicle
A Marcy man has been charged with cooking methamphetamine after a meth lab was found in his motor vehicle at the Madison Plaza Apartments late Saturday night, according to local law enforcement officials.
Police said Kenneth R. Powell, 34, of 6250 Route 291, was found in his vehicle at 11:50 p.m. after reports of suspicious activity. Police said at least one active meth lab was cooking inside Powell’s vehicle, along with the ingredients to make more.
The state police Contaminated Crime Scene Emergency Response Team responded to the scene to clean up the hazardous chemicals.
Powell is charged with one count of third-degree manufacturing meth, a class D felony, authorities said.
He is scheduled to appear in City Court, authorities said.
- 4:02pm 06/23/18345 get diplomas at RFA commencement ceremony
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Oriskany Central School celebrates 2018 commencement ceremony
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Oriskany graduates earn honors
- 4:00pm 06/23/18154 students turn tassels at Camden commencement
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Camden grads receive awards, scholarships
- 4:00pm 06/23/18RFA senior earns special credential
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Conservation officer hooks Madison County angler
- 4:00pm 06/23/18GlassBarge gives free glassblowing demonstrations
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Public Safety Logs — June 23, 2018
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Rome Free Academy valedictorian: ‘Strive to be self aware’