Man pleads guilty to production of child pornography
A former Herkimer County man pleaded guilty in Federal Court to producing kiddie porn with a 3-year-old girl.
Michael McCann, 31, pleaded guilty before Senior Judge Thomas J. McAvoy in Binghamton Thursday to sexual exploitation of a minor and possession of child pornography, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office. McCann currently resides in Massachusetts, and is formerly of Ilion.
Sentencing is scheduled for Oct. 22. Authorities said McCann faces up to 50 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.
Authorities said McCann was babysitting a 3-year-old girl in Herkimer County in April 2017 when he took sexually explicit photos of himself and the girl. Authorities said McCann then shared those images with an undercover FBI agent over the Internet.
Authorities said McCann was also found with other images and videos of child pornography.
- 4:00pm 07/18/18SUNY chancellor seeks closer ties between SUNY Poly, Rome Lab
- 4:00pm 07/18/18$20M project under way at Colonial I
- 4:00pm 07/18/18Storm forces extra day for district’s special education summer program
- 4:00pm 07/18/18Man gets up to 4 years in prison for Camden threat
- 4:00pm 07/18/18Woman faces DWI charge following crash
- 4:00pm 07/18/18Man accused of fatally stabbing brother sent to jail without bail
- 4:00pm 07/18/18Trial date set in Utica College case
- 4:00pm 07/18/18Fort Stanwix to feature pair of programs on life and times of Alexander Hamilton
- 4:00pm 07/18/18Project Fibonacci to feature wide array of speakers
- 4:00pm 07/18/18Drone camps teach kids science skills