Man pleads guilty to production of child pornography
A former Herkimer County man pleaded guilty in Federal Court to producing kiddie porn with a 3-year-old girl.
Michael McCann, 31, pleaded guilty before Senior Judge Thomas J. McAvoy in Binghamton Thursday to sexual exploitation of a minor and possession of child pornography, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office. McCann currently resides in Massachusetts, and is formerly of Ilion.
Sentencing is scheduled for Oct. 22. Authorities said McCann faces up to 50 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.
Authorities said McCann was babysitting a 3-year-old girl in Herkimer County in April 2017 when he took sexually explicit photos of himself and the girl. Authorities said McCann then shared those images with an undercover FBI agent over the Internet.
Authorities said McCann was also found with other images and videos of child pornography.
- 12:00pm 11/20/18Rome teen hurt, ticketed for speeding in accident on Route 233
- 4:00pm 11/19/18Holiday cooks get safety reminder
- 4:00pm 11/19/18District officials discuss state assessment results
- 4:00pm 11/19/18Rome man charged with hitting girlfriend in nose
- 4:00pm 11/19/18Man accused of attacking female relative inside store
- 4:00pm 11/19/18Junior class to host Open Mic Night
- 4:00pm 11/19/18Fort Stanwix National Monument invites visitors to annual holiday program
- 4:00pm 11/19/18Genesis Group donates $1,050 to food pantries
- 4:00pm 11/19/18Woman accused of theft
- 4:00pm 11/19/18Drunk driving charged