Man pleads guilty to production of child pornography
A former Herkimer County man pleaded guilty in Federal Court to producing kiddie porn with a 3-year-old girl.
Michael McCann, 31, pleaded guilty before Senior Judge Thomas J. McAvoy in Binghamton Thursday to sexual exploitation of a minor and possession of child pornography, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office. McCann currently resides in Massachusetts, and is formerly of Ilion.
Sentencing is scheduled for Oct. 22. Authorities said McCann faces up to 50 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.
Authorities said McCann was babysitting a 3-year-old girl in Herkimer County in April 2017 when he took sexually explicit photos of himself and the girl. Authorities said McCann then shared those images with an undercover FBI agent over the Internet.
Authorities said McCann was also found with other images and videos of child pornography.
- 4:00pm 09/19/18GOP’s Molinaro gets Picente endorsement
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Board approves paving project to ease Strough parking woes
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Possible harmful algae blooms found on Oneida Lake
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Flu season coming on quickly, health department warns; officials say the time is now to get annual flu vaccine
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Utica man accused of raping two children
- 4:00pm 09/19/18-
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Two charged as accomplices in DeWitt slayings
- 4:00pm 09/19/18State begins weekly fall foliage reports
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Brindisi: Public would suffer from proposed health care merger
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Meetings — Thursday, Sept. 20