Man out on bail charged during domestic dispute, say sheriff’s deputies
TOWN OF VIENNA — A Rome man was charged with striking his girlfriend in the head with a beer bottle during an argument early Sunday morning.
Sheriff’s deputies said they responded to Oswego Road for a report of a domestic dispute at 1:30 a.m.
Upon arrival, they found that Tyler Edick, 27, was fighting with his girlfriend and struck her with the bottle.
The victim was not injured, deputies said.
Deputies learned that Edick was out on bail, and that he was in violation of an order of protection. Edick became combative and began to fight with deputies.
Deputies said after being taken into custody, Edick was charged with first-degree criminal contempt, fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon, resisting arrest, second-degree harassment and obstructing governmental administration.
He was arraigned in Centralized Arraignment Court at the Oneida County Correctional Facility, and bail was set at $25,000. Edick will later appear in Town Court.
- 9:00am 06/24/18Tri-Willow murders left children, community in grief, fear
- 4:02pm 06/23/18345 get diplomas at RFA commencement ceremony
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Oriskany Central School celebrates 2018 commencement ceremony
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Oriskany graduates earn honors
- 4:00pm 06/23/18154 students turn tassels at Camden commencement
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Camden grads receive awards, scholarships
- 4:00pm 06/23/18RFA senior earns special credential
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Conservation officer hooks Madison County angler
- 4:00pm 06/23/18GlassBarge gives free glassblowing demonstrations
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Public Safety Logs — June 23, 2018