Man out on bail charged during domestic dispute, say sheriff’s deputies
TOWN OF VIENNA — A Rome man was charged with striking his girlfriend in the head with a beer bottle during an argument early Sunday morning.
Sheriff’s deputies said they responded to Oswego Road for a report of a domestic dispute at 1:30 a.m.
Upon arrival, they found that Tyler Edick, 27, was fighting with his girlfriend and struck her with the bottle.
The victim was not injured, deputies said.
Deputies learned that Edick was out on bail, and that he was in violation of an order of protection. Edick became combative and began to fight with deputies.
Deputies said after being taken into custody, Edick was charged with first-degree criminal contempt, fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon, resisting arrest, second-degree harassment and obstructing governmental administration.
He was arraigned in Centralized Arraignment Court at the Oneida County Correctional Facility, and bail was set at $25,000. Edick will later appear in Town Court.
- 4:02pm 09/24/18Gas prices remain steady in region, AAA survey reports
- 4:01pm 09/24/18Thousands descend on the Remsen Barn Fest
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Saturday's Royalty and Rogues IV festival in Stittville
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Meetings — Tuesday, Sept. 25, 2018
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Man injured in flipped vehicle trying to avoid deer
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Community Foundation offers training for non-profits
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Pair of Oneida residents charged with driving stolen car
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Crash sends couple to hospital
- 4:00pm 09/24/18200 jobs, millions in investment projected for drone zone
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Community Bank donates supplies