Man out on bail charged during domestic dispute, say sheriff’s deputies
TOWN OF VIENNA — A Rome man was charged with striking his girlfriend in the head with a beer bottle during an argument early Sunday morning.
Sheriff’s deputies said they responded to Oswego Road for a report of a domestic dispute at 1:30 a.m.
Upon arrival, they found that Tyler Edick, 27, was fighting with his girlfriend and struck her with the bottle.
The victim was not injured, deputies said.
Deputies learned that Edick was out on bail, and that he was in violation of an order of protection. Edick became combative and began to fight with deputies.
Deputies said after being taken into custody, Edick was charged with first-degree criminal contempt, fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon, resisting arrest, second-degree harassment and obstructing governmental administration.
He was arraigned in Centralized Arraignment Court at the Oneida County Correctional Facility, and bail was set at $25,000. Edick will later appear in Town Court.
- 4:01pm 04/18/18Brothers in blue honor fallen officer
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Fond memories shared at service for fallen officer
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Voters to get $117.9M school budget with 3.96 percent tax levy increase
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Board seat to remain vacant until next term starts; only one candidate for three seats so far
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Evergreen Cemetery clears roadways after winds topple trees, cause damage
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Quick-thinking deputies save overdose victim at Oneida County Office Building on Tuesday
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Electrical service repaired to Oriskany Monument park
- 4:00pm 04/18/18State parks, DEC expand first-time camping program
- 4:00pm 04/18/18‘Tick talk’ set for April 29 in Barneveld
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Brindisi, Tenney trade barbs over campaign contributions