Terick R. Goodwin
Man on parole accused of raping child under age of 13
TOWN OF DENMARK — A 45-year-old parolee is accused of raping a child under the age of 13 in Lewis County.
Lowville-based state police said Terick R. Goodwin, of Carthage, Jefferson County, had sexual contact with a girl under the age of 13 in the Town of Denmark in Lewis County over the course of the first half of this month. Goodwin was taken into custody on Wednesday.
Goodwin is charged with two counts of predatory sexual assault against a child, a class A-2 felony. He was arraigned in court and was sent to Lewis County Jail without bail. He is scheduled to reappear in court.
According to state records, Goodwin has served four separate sentences in state prison. Authorities said Goodwin was most recently released on parole on Aug. 27 after serving one year on drug charges out of Jefferson County. Goodwin was also previously in prison from 2002 to 2006 for drug charges, from 1998 to 2000 on drug charges and from 1996 to 1997 for assault and drug charges, records stated.
- 4:00pm 10/18/18Capitol surprised with $10,000 Community Choice Award
- 4:00pm 10/18/18‘Mysteries, Myths & Mayhem’ to abound at Fort Stanwix
- 4:00pm 10/18/18Hiker, 73, rescued from Bald Mountain
- 4:00pm 10/18/18Oneida executive bemoans how community colleges paid for
- 4:00pm 10/18/18Remsen man accused of forging checks
- 4:00pm 10/18/18MVCC signs transfer pact with SUNY Albany
- 4:00pm 10/18/18Firefighters to host hurricane relief pancake breakfast
- 4:00pm 10/18/18Author, broadcaster to discuss new book at Jervis
- 4:00pm 10/18/18Farm Bureau praises Tenney
- 4:00pm 10/18/18Workshop offered at Griffiss Institute