Terick R. Goodwin
Man on parole accused of raping child under age of 13
TOWN OF DENMARK — A 45-year-old parolee is accused of raping a child under the age of 13 in Lewis County.
Lowville-based state police said Terick R. Goodwin, of Carthage, Jefferson County, had sexual contact with a girl under the age of 13 in the Town of Denmark in Lewis County over the course of the first half of this month. Goodwin was taken into custody on Wednesday.
Goodwin is charged with two counts of predatory sexual assault against a child, a class A-2 felony. He was arraigned in court and was sent to Lewis County Jail without bail. He is scheduled to reappear in court.
According to state records, Goodwin has served four separate sentences in state prison. Authorities said Goodwin was most recently released on parole on Aug. 27 after serving one year on drug charges out of Jefferson County. Goodwin was also previously in prison from 2002 to 2006 for drug charges, from 1998 to 2000 on drug charges and from 1996 to 1997 for assault and drug charges, records stated.
- 4:00pm 09/19/18GOP’s Molinaro gets Picente endorsement
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Board approves paving project to ease Strough parking woes
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Possible harmful algae blooms found on Oneida Lake
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Flu season coming on quickly, health department warns; officials say the time is now to get annual flu vaccine
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Utica man accused of raping two children
- 4:00pm 09/19/18-
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Two charged as accomplices in DeWitt slayings
- 4:00pm 09/19/18State begins weekly fall foliage reports
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Brindisi: Public would suffer from proposed health care merger
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Meetings — Thursday, Sept. 20