Terick R. Goodwin
Man on parole accused of raping child under age of 13
TOWN OF DENMARK — A 45-year-old parolee is accused of raping a child under the age of 13 in Lewis County.
Lowville-based state police said Terick R. Goodwin, of Carthage, Jefferson County, had sexual contact with a girl under the age of 13 in the Town of Denmark in Lewis County over the course of the first half of this month. Goodwin was taken into custody on Wednesday.
Goodwin is charged with two counts of predatory sexual assault against a child, a class A-2 felony. He was arraigned in court and was sent to Lewis County Jail without bail. He is scheduled to reappear in court.
According to state records, Goodwin has served four separate sentences in state prison. Authorities said Goodwin was most recently released on parole on Aug. 27 after serving one year on drug charges out of Jefferson County. Goodwin was also previously in prison from 2002 to 2006 for drug charges, from 1998 to 2000 on drug charges and from 1996 to 1997 for assault and drug charges, records stated.
- 4:10pm 11/17/18City’s Codes Department unveils hybrid car fleet
- 4:00pm 11/17/18DEC seeks input on managing Tug Hill lands
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Civic group honors AmeriCu’s Manuele
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Drivers urged to think safety as winter descends on region
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Woman gets probation for theft
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Eight area residents among state police grads
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Jervis serves as collection point for multiple community outreach efforts
- 4:00pm 11/17/18State champion RFA Marching Band receives commendation
- 4:00pm 11/17/18School board debates membership in statewide association
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Public Safety Logs — Nov. 17, 2018