Man charged with possession of marijuana, stun gun
A 50-year-old man has been charged with possession of both marijuana and a stun gun following a complaint outside Rome Cinemas on Erie Boulevard Saturday afternoon.
Police said Mark D. Alhart, of 526 E. Bloomfield St., and a second man were reportedly stumbling through the parking lot after getting out of a movie at Rome Cinemas 8 at about 4:32 p.m. Police said an anonymous person telephoned 9-1-1 to report their behavior.
When officers responded, they said the found the two men in a vehicle in the parking lot, with an odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle.
Police said Alhart was found with a stun gun and a quantity of marijuana. Alhart is charged with one count each of felony third-degree possession of a weapon and unlawful possession of marijuana, police stated.
Due to a prior weapon conviction in 2009, police said Alhart was charged with felony possession.
Alhart is scheduled to appear in City Court.
The police report did not state what movie Alhart went to see.
- 4:00pm 08/18/18RACC wraps up Artletics program
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Former Roman named president of state Funeral Directors Association
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Public hearing on tax levy in Oneida on Tuesday
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Planet Fitness in Rome to completely modernize and remodel
- 4:00pm 08/18/18RPD holds Kops 4 Kids cookout
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Firemen's Field named after Prosser
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Adirondack Scenic Railroad launches rail bike excursions
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Madison County deputies probe fatal crash
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Crash sends three to hospital as driver tries to avoid deer
- 4:00pm 08/18/18AmeriCU honored with award