Man charged with possession of marijuana, stun gun
A 50-year-old man has been charged with possession of both marijuana and a stun gun following a complaint outside Rome Cinemas on Erie Boulevard Saturday afternoon.
Police said Mark D. Alhart, of 526 E. Bloomfield St., and a second man were reportedly stumbling through the parking lot after getting out of a movie at Rome Cinemas 8 at about 4:32 p.m. Police said an anonymous person telephoned 9-1-1 to report their behavior.
When officers responded, they said the found the two men in a vehicle in the parking lot, with an odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle.
Police said Alhart was found with a stun gun and a quantity of marijuana. Alhart is charged with one count each of felony third-degree possession of a weapon and unlawful possession of marijuana, police stated.
Due to a prior weapon conviction in 2009, police said Alhart was charged with felony possession.
Alhart is scheduled to appear in City Court.
The police report did not state what movie Alhart went to see.
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Pair vie for seat on Lee Town Board
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Woman charged with slashing man during dispute
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Man charged with assault after smashed glass cuts child
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Two charged, two sought in Oneida home invasion
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Nuns on the Bus to make stop outside Tenney office
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Man accused of attacks on girlfriend, wandering into W. Liberty St. home
- 4:00pm 10/22/18District, Birnie Bus near launch of bus tracking app
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Meetings — Tuesday, Oct. 23, 2018
- 4:00pm 10/22/18SUNY Potsdam names Rome native and RFA grad as new vice president for advancement
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Union endorses McEvoy in 101st district