Man charged with possession of marijuana, stun gun
A 50-year-old man has been charged with possession of both marijuana and a stun gun following a complaint outside Rome Cinemas on Erie Boulevard Saturday afternoon.
Police said Mark D. Alhart, of 526 E. Bloomfield St., and a second man were reportedly stumbling through the parking lot after getting out of a movie at Rome Cinemas 8 at about 4:32 p.m. Police said an anonymous person telephoned 9-1-1 to report their behavior.
When officers responded, they said the found the two men in a vehicle in the parking lot, with an odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle.
Police said Alhart was found with a stun gun and a quantity of marijuana. Alhart is charged with one count each of felony third-degree possession of a weapon and unlawful possession of marijuana, police stated.
Due to a prior weapon conviction in 2009, police said Alhart was charged with felony possession.
Alhart is scheduled to appear in City Court.
The police report did not state what movie Alhart went to see.
- 4:10pm 05/25/18Rome Elks use unique fundraiser to aid area vets
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Amber Alert issued for 14-month-old
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Defendant in UC threat case charged with theft
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Motorcyclist charged after nearly year-long investigation into New Hartford accident
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Sylvan Beach, county finalizing plan to close unsupervised swimming area
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Pair of anglers accused of breaking fishing limits
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Steel workers union endorses Brindisi for Congress
- 4:00pm 05/25/18City casts net again for rescheduled fishing derby
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Community Bank donates $10,000 to Rome Hospital Foundation
- 4:00pm 05/25/18Turning Stone names new director of nightlife