Man charged with failing to register as sex offender
WESTMORELAND — A 43-year-old man was charged with failing to register as a sex offender.
Sheriff’s investigators Christopher J. Paravati and Melissa Bolton said John Welch, of Westmoreland, was charged with one count of failure to register his internet details, a class E felony.
Welch is listed as a Level 2 sex offender, and as a sex offender, he is required to register any internet details, Paravati said. The county Child Advocacy Center was notified that Welch may have a Facebook page and never registered it, investigators said.
The matter was investigated and it was determined that Welch did have a Facebook page which had not been registered with the state Sex Offender Registry.
Welch will appear in Whitestown Court.
- 4:21pm 01/20/18Festival fills Friday night with music
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Oneida celebrates National School Choice Week
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Enthusiastic response for robots demonstration at BOE meeting
- 4:00pm 01/20/18MWPAI adds trustees to board
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Bartell Machinery Systems receives pair of awards
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Lawrence named to GLDC board
- 4:00pm 01/20/18BOCES offers continuing education classes
- 4:00pm 01/20/18No cause yet in fatal fire
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Board approves Oneida lacrosse request, retirement extension
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Land trust group voices concerns over proposed wind energy facility