Man charged with failing to register as sex offender
WESTMORELAND — A 43-year-old man was charged with failing to register as a sex offender.
Sheriff’s investigators Christopher J. Paravati and Melissa Bolton said John Welch, of Westmoreland, was charged with one count of failure to register his internet details, a class E felony.
Welch is listed as a Level 2 sex offender, and as a sex offender, he is required to register any internet details, Paravati said. The county Child Advocacy Center was notified that Welch may have a Facebook page and never registered it, investigators said.
The matter was investigated and it was determined that Welch did have a Facebook page which had not been registered with the state Sex Offender Registry.
Welch will appear in Whitestown Court.
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Super is effective, board reports
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Golf tournament, donations aid local teams
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Utica Housing Authority to host workshop for seniors
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Contractor gets support for move to new location in Whitestown
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Two accused of fraud
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Teacher in court for pre-trial hearing
- 4:00pm 09/22/18SUNY Poly receives grant to study blindness from foundation
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Accident snarls traffic at city intersection
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Water main flushing to start Tuesday in Oneida, say officals
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Meetings — Monday, Sept. 24, 2018