Man charged with failing to register as sex offender
WESTMORELAND — A 43-year-old man was charged with failing to register as a sex offender.
Sheriff’s investigators Christopher J. Paravati and Melissa Bolton said John Welch, of Westmoreland, was charged with one count of failure to register his internet details, a class E felony.
Welch is listed as a Level 2 sex offender, and as a sex offender, he is required to register any internet details, Paravati said. The county Child Advocacy Center was notified that Welch may have a Facebook page and never registered it, investigators said.
The matter was investigated and it was determined that Welch did have a Facebook page which had not been registered with the state Sex Offender Registry.
Welch will appear in Whitestown Court.
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Second dairy forum Monday evening at CCE in Oriskany
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Joy teacher resigns, letter notes school district failings
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Video game player returns from Las Vegas competition
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Capitol Theatre to host Tuba Christmas on Tuesday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Bank, Foundation to give $250,000 to aid cancer center
- 4:00pm 12/08/18School district occupational therapist resigns
- 4:00pm 12/08/18RFA to host Wreaths Across America event
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Madison County man charged with larceny, welfare fraud
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Vandal targeting vehicles, houses in Madison County
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Five accused of selling smokes to minors in sting