Man charged with failing to register as sex offender
WESTMORELAND — A 43-year-old man was charged with failing to register as a sex offender.
Sheriff’s investigators Christopher J. Paravati and Melissa Bolton said John Welch, of Westmoreland, was charged with one count of failure to register his internet details, a class E felony.
Welch is listed as a Level 2 sex offender, and as a sex offender, he is required to register any internet details, Paravati said. The county Child Advocacy Center was notified that Welch may have a Facebook page and never registered it, investigators said.
The matter was investigated and it was determined that Welch did have a Facebook page which had not been registered with the state Sex Offender Registry.
Welch will appear in Whitestown Court.
- 4:10pm 03/19/18First of two maple weekends a big, sticky success at VVS
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Corning Museum’s GlassBarge to make stop in Sylvan Beach
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Dialogue with super March 26
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Board debate builds over proposals for architect services
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Bellamy Elementary School holds craft fair
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Man, 28, accused of whipping child with towel
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Rome Sports Hall of Fame scoops up Stewart’s grant
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Registration open for 21st annual ‘Ted’ Moore Run
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Driver charged with DWI after car, foot chase
- 4:00pm 03/19/18Meetings — Tuesday, March 20, 2018