Man charged with failing to register as sex offender
WESTMORELAND — A 43-year-old man was charged with failing to register as a sex offender.
Sheriff’s investigators Christopher J. Paravati and Melissa Bolton said John Welch, of Westmoreland, was charged with one count of failure to register his internet details, a class E felony.
Welch is listed as a Level 2 sex offender, and as a sex offender, he is required to register any internet details, Paravati said. The county Child Advocacy Center was notified that Welch may have a Facebook page and never registered it, investigators said.
The matter was investigated and it was determined that Welch did have a Facebook page which had not been registered with the state Sex Offender Registry.
Welch will appear in Whitestown Court.
- 4:10pm 06/22/18Three grads at NYSSD look forward to the “adventures” of the future
- 4:00pm 06/22/18RFA graduation slated for 10 a.m.
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Harden closes again
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Drivers to get view of ‘Nature’s Wrath’
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Holland Patent High School names 2018 academic leaders
- 4:00pm 06/22/18High above Rome
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Brindisi, Tenney trade barbs on federal immigration policies
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Teen accused of having sex with underage girl
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Guatemalan at center of local controversy pleads guilty
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Man pleads guilty to production of child pornography