James B. McGee
Man charged with assault in knife attack, police say
A Rome man is accused of attacking another man with a knife over sugar being poured into his vehicle’s gas tank Friday afternoon.
Police said James B. McGee, 58, of 406 E. Bloomfield St., attacked another man with a large knife at about 5 p.m. Friday outside his residence, having accused the other man of pouring sugar in McGee’s gas tank. Police said McGee slashed the other man in the right hand with the knife.
The victim told police that he did not know McGee and had nothing to do with sugar in McGee’s gas tank. The victim told police he was only in town visiting.
McGee is charged with one count of second-degree assault, a class D felony, fourth-degree possession of a weapon and second-degree reckless endangerment, police stated. He was arraigned in court and was sent to county jail in lieu of bail. He is scheduled to reappear in court.
- 4:10pm 07/17/18$9M swift water rescue training center opens in Whitestown
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Goat Yoga is baaaaack at Fort Rickey
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Man accused of having sex with underage girl
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Camden schools to establish two special patrol officers
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Police outline Law Enforcement Day schedule
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Coupons for seniors offered Friday at Farmer’s Market
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Event to raise funds for R-CATS
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Bellamy Community Awards names master of ceremonies
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Meetings — Wednesday, July 18, 2018
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Public Safety Logs —July 17, 2018