James B. McGee
Man charged with assault in knife attack, police say
A Rome man is accused of attacking another man with a knife over sugar being poured into his vehicle’s gas tank Friday afternoon.
Police said James B. McGee, 58, of 406 E. Bloomfield St., attacked another man with a large knife at about 5 p.m. Friday outside his residence, having accused the other man of pouring sugar in McGee’s gas tank. Police said McGee slashed the other man in the right hand with the knife.
The victim told police that he did not know McGee and had nothing to do with sugar in McGee’s gas tank. The victim told police he was only in town visiting.
McGee is charged with one count of second-degree assault, a class D felony, fourth-degree possession of a weapon and second-degree reckless endangerment, police stated. He was arraigned in court and was sent to county jail in lieu of bail. He is scheduled to reappear in court.
- 4:10pm 11/17/18City’s Codes Department unveils hybrid car fleet $100,000 state grant funds purchase of new, energy-efficient vehicles
- 4:00pm 11/17/18DEC seeks input on managing Tug Hill lands
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Civic group honors AmeriCu’s Manuele
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Drivers urged to think safety as winter descends on region
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Woman gets probation for theft
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Eight area residents among state police grads
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Jervis serves as collection point for multiple community outreach efforts
- 4:00pm 11/17/18State champion RFA Marching Band receives commendation
- 4:00pm 11/17/18School board debates membership in statewide association
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Public Safety Logs — Nov. 17, 2018