James B. McGee
Man charged with assault in knife attack, police say
A Rome man is accused of attacking another man with a knife over sugar being poured into his vehicle’s gas tank Friday afternoon.
Police said James B. McGee, 58, of 406 E. Bloomfield St., attacked another man with a large knife at about 5 p.m. Friday outside his residence, having accused the other man of pouring sugar in McGee’s gas tank. Police said McGee slashed the other man in the right hand with the knife.
The victim told police that he did not know McGee and had nothing to do with sugar in McGee’s gas tank. The victim told police he was only in town visiting.
McGee is charged with one count of second-degree assault, a class D felony, fourth-degree possession of a weapon and second-degree reckless endangerment, police stated. He was arraigned in court and was sent to county jail in lieu of bail. He is scheduled to reappear in court.
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Super is effective, board reports
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Golf tournament, donations aid local teams
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Utica Housing Authority to host workshop for seniors
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Contractor gets support for move to new location in Whitestown
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Two accused of fraud
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Teacher in court for pre-trial hearing
- 4:00pm 09/22/18SUNY Poly receives grant to study blindness from foundation
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Accident snarls traffic at city intersection
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Water main flushing to start Tuesday in Oneida, say officals
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Meetings — Monday, Sept. 24, 2018