Man charged with assault after smashed glass cuts child
A 31-year-old man has been charged with assault after law enforcers said a smashed glass cut a young child in the lip Saturday afternoon.
Police said Jesse Beltran, of 313 N. Madison St., was in an argument with his girlfriend at his residence at about 4 p.m. Saturday. During the argument, police said Beltran had a glass and smashed it against a counter.
A shard of broken glass then shot out and hit his girlfriend’s 9-year-old nephew in the upper lip, authorities stated. The child was brought to Rome Memorial Hospital to get stitches for the cut.
Beltran is charged with one count each of third-degree assault and endangering the welfare of a child, both misdemeanors, police said.
He is scheduled to appear in City Court, according to law enforcers.
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Demo begins at DeWitt Clinton site
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Copperccino’s open for business
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Budget approved in Lee; speed study requested
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Area teachers honored by Genesis Group at celebration
- 4:00pm 11/14/18ReStore seeks decoration donations
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Cemetery to place wreaths on vets graves
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Rotary Club seeks host families
- 4:00pm 11/14/18VVS team earns awards at science museum event in Syracuse
- 4:00pm 11/14/18State to help fund bridge rehabs in region
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Solid Waste Authority recognizes America Recycles Day