Man charged in Whitestown meth bust
WHITESTOWN — A Utica man is facing multiple charges after the meth lab bust on Ney Avenue earlier this week, local law enforcement officials said.
Police have identified the suspect as 27-year-old Eric C. Bailey, of James Street, and he has been charged with one count each of third-degree manufacturing methamphetamine, second-degree obstruction and second-degree harassment.
Bailey was arraigned in court and was sent to county jail
without bail, the law enforcers added.
Authorities said they were dispatched to the 1400 block of Ney Ave. at about 4 p.m. Tuesday for a possible drug complaint.
Police said Bailey fled the area on foot when officers arrived, and he was located a short time later at St. Joseph’s cemetery down the street.
Once he was taken into custody, police said they discovered a mobile meth lab at his residence.
Police said the investigation is continuing and more arrests are pending.
- 4:11pm 10/21/17High school students enjoy Career Day
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Rogers-Witt cites connection to district in bid for county seat
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Councilor Rogers seeking re-election in Third Ward
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Democratic poll claims Brindisi has slight lead in congressional race
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Family receives medals for World War II vet
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Homeownership declines in Oneida County
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Woman accused of kicking trooper
- 4:00pm 10/21/17AFL-CIO endorses Ball for sheriff
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Area counties receive Stop-DWI funds
- 4:00pm 10/21/17Global NY initiative representatives to visit Rome on Thursday