Man charged in Whitestown meth bust
WHITESTOWN — A Utica man is facing multiple charges after the meth lab bust on Ney Avenue earlier this week, local law enforcement officials said.
Police have identified the suspect as 27-year-old Eric C. Bailey, of James Street, and he has been charged with one count each of third-degree manufacturing methamphetamine, second-degree obstruction and second-degree harassment.
Bailey was arraigned in court and was sent to county jail
without bail, the law enforcers added.
Authorities said they were dispatched to the 1400 block of Ney Ave. at about 4 p.m. Tuesday for a possible drug complaint.
Police said Bailey fled the area on foot when officers arrived, and he was located a short time later at St. Joseph’s cemetery down the street.
Once he was taken into custody, police said they discovered a mobile meth lab at his residence.
Police said the investigation is continuing and more arrests are pending.
- 4:10pm 06/24/17Fireworks legal in Oneida County until July 5
- 4:00pm 06/24/17Oriskany Central High School celebrates 2017 commencement
- 4:00pm 06/24/17174 students turn tassels at Camden commencement
- 4:00pm 06/24/17Superintendent Blake’s evaluation nearly done
- 4:00pm 06/24/17Camden graduates receive awards, scholarships
- 4:00pm 06/24/17Oriskany grads earn honors
- 4:00pm 06/24/17Valedictorians’ days numbered? Schools rethink class ranking
- 4:00pm 06/24/17Meetings — June 26, 2017
- 4:00pm 06/24/17MVCC Hall of Fame nominations sought
- 4:00pm 06/24/17Brindisi announces college funding