Man charged in Whitestown meth bust
WHITESTOWN — A Utica man is facing multiple charges after the meth lab bust on Ney Avenue earlier this week, local law enforcement officials said.
Police have identified the suspect as 27-year-old Eric C. Bailey, of James Street, and he has been charged with one count each of third-degree manufacturing methamphetamine, second-degree obstruction and second-degree harassment.
Bailey was arraigned in court and was sent to county jail
without bail, the law enforcers added.
Authorities said they were dispatched to the 1400 block of Ney Ave. at about 4 p.m. Tuesday for a possible drug complaint.
Police said Bailey fled the area on foot when officers arrived, and he was located a short time later at St. Joseph’s cemetery down the street.
Once he was taken into custody, police said they discovered a mobile meth lab at his residence.
Police said the investigation is continuing and more arrests are pending.
- 4:10pm 02/17/18Jervis Public Library acknowledges fourth quarter donations, gifts
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Students honored for demonstrating outstanding character
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Rome district to begin Pre-K registration Feb. 26
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Meetings — Monday, Feb. 19, 2018
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Man gets 90 months in prison in child porn case
- 4:00pm 02/17/18DWI charge in Lowville crash
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Public Safety Logs — Feb. 17, 2018
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Movies — Feb. 17, 2018
- 12:00pm 02/17/18Attendance more than doubles at Verona Beach State Park, officials report
- 11:30am 02/17/18New York offers free fishing weekend and ice fishing clinic