Man charged in Whitestown meth bust
WHITESTOWN — A Utica man is facing multiple charges after the meth lab bust on Ney Avenue earlier this week, local law enforcement officials said.
Police have identified the suspect as 27-year-old Eric C. Bailey, of James Street, and he has been charged with one count each of third-degree manufacturing methamphetamine, second-degree obstruction and second-degree harassment.
Bailey was arraigned in court and was sent to county jail
without bail, the law enforcers added.
Authorities said they were dispatched to the 1400 block of Ney Ave. at about 4 p.m. Tuesday for a possible drug complaint.
Police said Bailey fled the area on foot when officers arrived, and he was located a short time later at St. Joseph’s cemetery down the street.
Once he was taken into custody, police said they discovered a mobile meth lab at his residence.
Police said the investigation is continuing and more arrests are pending.
- 4:10pm 12/12/17Officials defend Strough project pace but eye 2018 alternatives
- 4:00pm 12/12/17Sheriff urges snowmobilers to think safety
- 4:00pm 12/12/17Third man arrested in JCPenney robbery
- 4:00pm 12/12/17Club: Trails not yet open
- 4:00pm 12/12/17City schedules next public session on downtown initiative
- 4:00pm 12/12/17Sherrill passes $4.1M 2018 budget; residents to see tax increase
- 4:00pm 12/12/17Assemblyman reminds constituents to beware of phone scams
- 4:00pm 12/12/17Region to hear on priority projects
- 4:00pm 12/12/17Tioga Construction contractors Mike Lavenbure a...
- 4:00pm 12/12/17Meetings — Wednesday, Dec. 13, 2017