Man charged in Whitestown meth bust
WHITESTOWN — A Utica man is facing multiple charges after the meth lab bust on Ney Avenue earlier this week, local law enforcement officials said.
Police have identified the suspect as 27-year-old Eric C. Bailey, of James Street, and he has been charged with one count each of third-degree manufacturing methamphetamine, second-degree obstruction and second-degree harassment.
Bailey was arraigned in court and was sent to county jail
without bail, the law enforcers added.
Authorities said they were dispatched to the 1400 block of Ney Ave. at about 4 p.m. Tuesday for a possible drug complaint.
Police said Bailey fled the area on foot when officers arrived, and he was located a short time later at St. Joseph’s cemetery down the street.
Once he was taken into custody, police said they discovered a mobile meth lab at his residence.
Police said the investigation is continuing and more arrests are pending.
- 4:10pm 04/26/18Three to run for three seats on Board of Education
- 4:00pm 04/26/18Cuomo, ICE trade barbs over raids by federal agents
- 4:00pm 04/26/18Brindisi calls for investigations into Sprectrum cable TV, internet price hikes
- 4:00pm 04/26/18City of Rome renews beautification deal with Main Streets Alliance
- 4:00pm 04/26/18City adds $450K to UV plant contract
- 4:00pm 04/26/18Food Bank laments proposed SNAP cuts in Farm Bill
- 4:00pm 04/26/18Toddler Story Time at Jervis Public Library
- 4:00pm 04/26/18Family Fun Day scheduled at Rome campus
- 4:00pm 04/26/18Park Rx Day bike tour Sunday at Fort Stanwix
- 4:00pm 04/26/18Rome Tractor Supply to hold pet adoption event Saturday